big chief

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnson1

Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
I was wandering if anybody has ever smoked a pork loin in a electric big chief smoker,i have never attempted this before,just wandering how long,theres no temperature gauge on my smoker,is the internal temp the most important

Yup it's all about internal temp.

Of course it's nice to know how hot your actually smoking at but most important is your internal meat temp so you don't under cook and get sick

thanks,ill keep a eye on it,i guess I could always finish it off in the oven

I would recommend doing a pork tenderloin or if you already have the loin cut it in half or into chops. The chief smokers run around 180*. You really need to get from 40-140 IT IN 4 hours or less. That might be a challenge in a chief. I miss my big chief as they really shine when doing fish and jerky.

thanks,ill keep a eye on it,i guess I could always finish it off in the oven

Good idea..... smoke for an hour or two then throw it in a preheated oven to finish..... nothing wrong with doing it that way.... You don't really need a smoker to be an oven, when you already have one in the kitchen..... My 2 cents... Dave

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky