Big Chief Jerky part Deaux

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

longshot

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 12, 2006
Kamiah Idaho
OK,
nearly the same brine (did some brown Sugar this time)
Ready to try again Bottom Round sliced 3/16-1/4 thick
Will be ready for the smoker this eve.

Quick question: I see many of you hanging the jerky strips as opposed to laying it on the racks what are the advantages/disadvantages of hanging?

Thanks
Longshot

SOrry NOOB mistake, Just read the other thread. Hanging makes more room. DUH Thanks guys your the best.

Longshot

Hey Long-how did it turn out?

Hey Dutch,
I had sucess this time. The jerky turned out fantastic. As a matter of fact it is alrady nearly gone. Two roasts and its down to the bottom of the pan. Around my house good smoked meats don't last long. Next I want to try some trout Got a good Brine Recipe for Trout???

Thanks
Longshot

A simple brine of
1 gallon of water
1 cup of salt
1 cup of sugar (white or brown)
and whatever spices you want to add to enhance the flavor.

Heat up the water or use HOT tap water, add salt, sugar, and spices if using. Stir until salt and sugar dissolves and allow to cool. I place the fish in plastic bin and pour enough brine over them to cover. Place in the fridge overnight (at least 12 hours) then smoke at around 160-170 degrees.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky