BIG Briskets - What's the biggest one you've cooked?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 6, 2017
Lake Texoma
My wife and her girls are having one of their semi-annual girls weekends this coming weekend and I was asked to cook something. I suggested brisket (since I've done a lot of them) and the masses all said they'd like that. So, I figured I'd cook a big one. I hope to find a 20 lbs. at Sams. Just curious how many have cooked big briskets. My largest to date was an 18 lbs monster that was amazingly good. I'll post a pic once I've made the purchase.

So who's cooked big briskets and how did it turn out?

Reactions: WildewoodBBQ
Biggest one I have done was an 18 pounder just like you. Thing was beautiful but a little thin on the flat end so the first couple inches of the flat got used for chili. The rest was awesome. Wrapped in butcher paper at 160 and probed tender at 203. Good rest for a couple hours.

I have seen the huge ones at the store and seems like there is a ton of hard fat on them. Look forward to seeing what you get!

My biggest brisket adventure is here....

I can't remember ever seeing a 20 lb packer, but that's probably due to the stores where I shop. They mostly have 14-18 lb'ers. I'll bet if you asked someone at Sam's to put in a special order they might be able find you one, or set one aside. My concern would be like fivetricks...might be a LOT of fat and no more muscle than an 18 lb'er.

Edit: your wife and her girls are having their semi-annual girls outing on Super Bowl weekend? They are either brilliant, or mean. I'll lean toward brilliant 'cause that's just the way my brain works.

Well this isn't the biggest brisket I've cooked but it's big all the same and my last one this size was a select grade & turned out great. Whole packer - Prime - 18lbs. I'm sure I'll trim at least 2 lbs off if not more but I bet it will be tasty! Tonight around 9 PM it's ON with a fresh batch of LumberJack 100% Hickory pellets.
186FE426-A998-4412-8543-E5CE113E67BA_1_201_a.jpeg

592387B4-A840-4EA8-929D-08C2350E7722_1_201_a.jpeg

Girls want their brisket around 5pm so it will be hot & fresh when they get it.
Should be fun.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky