Big Beautiful Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
An awesome forum member many of you know as tx smoker tx smoker who has become a good friend of mine once again came through and was generous enough to send me beef. Not just any beef or any cut of beef but CPB goodness. We were chatting over beers one afternoon while he was in town and I had let him know I had never smoked dino ribs. A few weeks later I get a package including the ribs from a sub primal section, some beef belly, and another couple goodies for another day. Enough yapping here are some pics…

Giant beef ribs. The picture doesn’t do them justice. That’s is an extra large commercial cookie sheet. Rubbed down.
1669666558950.jpeg

Half of a beef belly rubbed down.
1669666590144.jpeg

Around 6ish hours later.
1669666624400.jpeg

Beef belly pulled around 170.
1669666660138.jpeg

Cubed up with some butter, more rub, and some bbq sauce.
1669666697088.jpeg

A couple hours later…
1669666725891.jpeg

Had some roasted Brussel sprouts and steamed broccoli. Look at the size of the rib compared to the plate
1669666827997.jpeg

1669666846102.jpeg

The beefy richness was unreal. First time dino ribs but won’t be the last. Thanks again to my friend Bob aka Robert aka tx smoker tx smoker for this. Can’t wait to smoke the other couple things you sent me. To be continued at another time!

Are you sure that isn't a dessert plate John. That rib looks awfully big and juicy and delicious, and barked perfectly. Those Burnt ends look great also.

Point for sure
Chris

Forgot to mention I smoked all of this around 250 with hickory. Hickory makes everything taste better! Nice cold beer(s) to wash it all down.

Reactions: mike243
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky