Big Bald BBQ Rubbed Rack of Pork :-)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here's another I missed somehow . Pork is cooked perfect and salt crusted Yukon gold's are a meal by themselves . Nice work .

That looks perfect in every way, LIKE! I don't believe I've ever seen a rack of pork, but I'll be looking for one now. RAY

Thanks Ray. The full rack of pork is a great cut cause it make for a nice presentation and it is cheep. The whole rack was $15. Going to get 3 full meals out of it.

Just beautiful..

JC :emoji_cat:

Thanks JC!

YUM! man, another addition to the list of must make. Thanks!!!

Sandy, it is a bucket list cook for sure. But cause its so cheep and easy it will become a regular thing I suspect!

Oh my! That looks awesome! Most definitely a thumbs up.
G

Thanks Riverside!

that looks great

Thanks Smokerjim, appreciate your comment!

HOLY SMOKES! That looks awesome. I need to do one. We don't have Costco but we have a Sam's. I'll check em out soon.

Hawg, it is a perfect pork meal in my book. Jeff Phillips has a recipe in his book that uses maple syrup instead of the mustard as the binder for the same rub. It is fantastic that way as well. I added the brine and really like the extra flavor it brings.

Reactions: Hawging It
Here's another I missed somehow . Pork is cooked perfect and salt crusted Yukon gold's are a meal by themselves . Nice work .

Thanks Chop, I got slammed at work today and when I checked the post....WOW, I'm glad I shared them.

PS those Yukon's are just pure GOLD in my book. Just lightly dressed with classic olive then coarse sea salt, then 425 convection for 45 min and bingo. As you know we eat lots of them!

Reactions: chopsaw
Ok seconds!

Started with a hot cast iron, then dusted slices for a classic olive and butter flash sear.
6FB5C91C-5C28-4ED4-B8C6-B29550F14B5B.jpeg

The seared slices were joined by some second day pan seared Yukon golds
7E60DED6-6F25-4CFB-8527-BD2062FCBE1C.jpeg

This view is for Xray....
C4550BBA-E5C2-4ABF-B2FC-DD391598A314.jpeg

It’s a rare thing when left overs is as good or better than day one and oh man can I say pure pork money!!
0AF92DD6-B175-4FAC-B07A-5CABDA6D777D.jpeg

This was reminiscent of second day seared smoked pork belly!!!

If you haven’t tried a rack of pork I’m tellen ya you NEED to!

Wow ! That looks fantastic .
If you have some taters left , go for thirds ( breakfast ) .
Scramble some eggs with the cubed up taters .

Thanks chop! Cubed taters and eggs would be yum, but NO more taters :-(

But I know what your talken about.....
Previous taters with smoked spam!!!
241C4B93-7F01-44F8-B5D9-873E98D81D87.jpeg
41134A24-F381-4DB9-AA60-06C0940F868B.jpeg

I just bought a rack of pork like this at Costco. Yours look amazing - can't wait to get one on the smoker soon.

I just bought a rack of pork like this at Costco. Yours look amazing - can't wait to get one on the smoker soon.

Thanks for the likes omnivore, If you use a high sugar content rub or binder it will help create a nice crust at the low smoker temp!

Very cool looking chops! I have never looked for them like that. Like!

Thanks Eddie! Theses are our fam fav way for chops and at 3/lb they are hard to pass up!

I can see why your family was smiling Civil, that rack looks super, and the seconds oh my!!!

Point for sure
Chris

I can see why your family was smiling Civil, that rack looks super, and the seconds oh my!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! The cast iron does wonders for flavor on the second day.

Civil, I missed this too...

All three meals look fantastic!

Great Big LIKE!

Congrats on the ride. :emoji_wink:

John

Thanks John! Don’t feel bad on missing it, I went out of town for a few days and missed that it had been featured :emoji_blush:....it was a nice surprise for sure!

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
That Looks Mighty Tasty, Civil !!
Sorry I'm so late, but I'm old & getting slow!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Ray. The full rack of pork is a great cut cause it make for a nice presentation and it is cheep. The whole rack was $15. Going to get 3 full meals out of it.

Thanks JC!

Sandy, it is a bucket list cook for sure. But cause its so cheep and easy it will become a regular thing I suspect!

Thanks Riverside!

Thanks Smokerjim, appreciate your comment!

Hawg, it is a perfect pork meal in my book. Jeff Phillips has a recipe in his book that uses maple syrup instead of the mustard as the binder for the same rub. It is fantastic that way as well. I added the brine and really like the extra flavor it brings.
If I can't find one at Sam's then I have a high quality Butcher shop that can cut me one. Really got to do this soon. Showed the wife the pics. Her response ?? You must smoke one that is beautiful!!

If I can't find one at Sam's then I have a high quality Butcher shop that can cut me one. Really got to do this soon. Showed the wife the pics. Her response ?? You must smoke one that is beautiful!!

Hawg, its worth the effort to find a supply source for them cause the make a very nice presentation and the taste is equal to the looks. The best part is eating the rib portion! You also don't have to brine it. If you look at mine, I trim most the surface fat off because it is a short cook at low temps so that surface fat doesn't render. With it trimmed clean that first bite is full of crust and "not" non-edible fat.

Hawg, its worth the effort to find a supply source for them cause the make a very nice presentation and the taste is equal to the looks. The best part is eating the rib portion! You also don't have to brine it. If you look at mine, I trim most the surface fat off because it is a short cook at low temps so that surface fat doesn't render. With it trimmed clean that first bite is full of crust and "not" non-edible fat.
[/QUO
Almost 100% sure if Sam's doesn't have it then my Butcher Shop will. Going to trim like you did. I probably will inject like I do my pork loins and Boston Butts.

Almost 100% sure if Sam's doesn't have it then my Butcher Shop will. Going to trim like you did. I probably will inject like I do my pork loins and Boston Butts.

Sweet - injection will work perfectly as well. Will save time! That is why I do brine-aid over just a brine cause I'm not real patient waiting.......Kinda do it "now" kinda person......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky