Better Late Than Never Thanksgiving!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This already looks like it's gonna be another out of this world wellington. Can't wait to see the finished product, especially in that new oven!
Thanks again MJB! I can’t wait either...my wife said I can have it for breakfast but we have pie, so it will have to wait.....

The first meal look great, but that Turkey Wellington is shear BRILLIANCE! ...JJ
thanks JJ, but you get the credit for the inspiration for this one! If you remember on one I’ve my other welly posts you commented and bingo this is what came to me!!! Been not so patiently waiting for Thanksgiving to do it...

Awesome family meal and it is a true family meal as everyone had a hand in the prep.

Warren
Thanks Warren! Yes this was a true family meal. One of our goals with our kids was to have them be accomplished cooks when they go out in the world, well we have tried and have enjoyed cooking with them one the way for sure!

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Very nice! Like!

What did you season the turkey with?
Thanks Eddie! I did a quick overnight brine with an Old Wold Market turkey brine mix (easy, simple and cheaper than I can mix my self). Then after rinsing, pat dry, and air dry, it was coated with Kinders Butter Steakhouse. That’s it. I did a test run with two whole mini birds last week and they came out tasty so it was game on for the big bird!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Got hungry waiting for lunch to get here so had to make a mid morn snack.....

Ritz cracker then a layer of my wife’s green onion cheese ball (Cream cheese, green onion, Dijon, Worcestershire, seasonal salt, rolled in sliced almonds then a slice of left over prime rib which has been lightly torched to melt the marbling (this makes it glisten!) and topped with a fresh thyme sprig....Simple but over the top yum yum!
E5695655-03E7-4E9B-ADD2-D719AF93774A.jpeg

can is say I just love Thanksgiving!

Everything looks awesome, but that pie sure caught my eye!
Al
Thanks Al! Oh the pie! Yes that is why every Thanksgiving the pie is the first thing made and is always breakfast the day of and a day or two after!!!

Well Civil, I'm a bit late to the party again but that meal is simply stunning. Excellent job sir!! The Wellington however is nothing short of insane...insanely good and absolute genius. You certainly know how to make the best of a Thanksgiving holiday!!

Robert

Leftover time!!!

egg washed, scored, and thymed..
0EDEC8CB-2558-45AB-ADD9-CD2735EB7B3E.jpeg

33 min @425
16B7CBA2-3ED0-4FDF-BD62-30186696B0BA.jpeg

the anticipated slice.....
B4BDCB60-E2B0-43D7-82C3-B2EB95307E03.jpeg

plated with some mash and gravy from the smoked two turkey stock, and some greens that were blanched for 3 min, ice bath, then pan seared with butter, classic olive, salt, white pepper, sugar, and white wine.
8AE87F11-1BF7-4DEA-A212-BB66B6490F71.jpeg

Overall very tasty, the dressing soaked up all the turkey juices and tuned in to a stuffing texture, so it was a very classics turkey day meal!
3903B862-E09B-4971-AED0-18EE62F41D03.jpeg

I’m in a good comma again as usual when you have thanksgiving leftovers....

Well Civil, I'm a bit late to the party again but that meal is simply stunning. Excellent job sir!! The Wellington however is nothing short of insane...insanely good and absolute genius. You certainly know how to make the best of a Thanksgiving holiday!!

Robert
thanks Robert!!! Yes we go all out to Thanksgiving! The whole fam looks forward to it and the work is worth it every year

Nice job. Looks very good!
Thanks Brian!

Yup Al have to agree but then either dessert would work for me. :emoji_laughing:

Warren
He he, Since I just had a whole plate full of turkey I’m going to have pie for dinner!

Another awesome looking plate! Although I'm not a huge dessert person... another plate with more turkey taters and gravy is a fine dessert!

Ryan

Well you did it, another great Welly! Excellent all the way around. Great feasts this week.

Now you're just showing off.....LOL!!!
Damn, that all looks amazing, I'd weigh 300lbs if I ate your food.:emoji_laughing::emoji_thumbsup:

Another awesome looking plate! Although I'm not a huge dessert person... another plate with more turkey taters and gravy is a fine dessert!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan....Oh plenty of turkey and taters for sure....dessert is to cleanse the palette

Well you did it, another great Welly! Excellent all the way around. Great feasts this week.
Thanks MJB! I was a crazy week that ended pretty dang yummy! LOL

Now you're just showing off.....LOL!!!
Damn, that all looks amazing, I'd weigh 300lbs if I ate your food.:emoji_laughing::emoji_thumbsup:
LOL, just a kid in the candy store!!! Oh I didn't mention I did take a 4 mile hike before putting the turkey welly in the oven.... There is a price to pay one way or another for eating like this for sure!

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky