Best way to remove membrane from lots of ribs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
All of the above - I have done every single one but my favorite way is to have Mrs Scar do that part
yahoo.gif

This may not be the Politicly Correct way of doing it but I run the membrane side under some hot tap water for a few seconds and with paper towel for grip it peels of like Buttah!! The warmth from the water melts the conective fat just enough to loosen it from the  bones and meat.

Give it a try!

SOB
I gotta give this a try! Thanks Buddy!

Sorry, I gotta call
68.gif
 on that picture.  That's gotta be photoshopped.  I've never been able to get that type of results.  I'm definitely gonna try SOB's method.  Alelover, I'm just kidding.  I'm really envious though.  That picture actually belongs in all instructions concerning the membrane location and removal.

What they all said.

141e7561_IMG_0418.jpg

04180551_IMG_0419.jpg

I agree with the Costco suggestion. If you live near one, getting the baby backs from there is really convenient. The ribs are cheaper and the ones I have done have always been very good. I must say, however, that one time, one of the racks didn't have the membrane removed. Only time that's happened, though, so no big deal.

I agree with the Costco suggestion. If you live near one, getting the baby backs from there is really convenient. The ribs are cheaper and the ones I have done have always been very good. I must say, however, that one time, one of the racks didn't have the membrane removed. Only time that's happened, though, so no big deal.

got some ribs for sunday, will have to try the hot water trick,

guess i need to start going to Costco   .. ddd.

see that name on here alot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky