Best Sub$320 Vacuum Sealer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nutt

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 19, 2011
Fort Collins Colorado
My food saver is on its last leg, so would it be in my best interest to throw down for a LEM vac sealer?

I would just like a nice unit and the LEM 1253 max vac 500 is what I am considering. It’s a considerable chunk of cheddar on a piece of equipment but I know it will be used.

Anyone have suggestions on a sub $300-$320 vac sealer that will be great for my long SV cooks? And will have at least a 12” bar?
I would really like a double seal (I think the LEM goes above the norm on seal thickness or quality so does not need two??? Anyone want to throw in their usage notes?)

Thanks again everyone!

I have the max vac 500. The only con I would put on it. Is the size of it. Performs very well though.

I just got the vac master 360 on Thursday. Used it once just to try it out, very impressed. It's obviously limited experience, maybe some that has had it longer will chime in.

What drew me to it is the 16"wide seal bar. It has a double seal.

Reactions: crazymoon
Watching, even though my old Food Saver is still going strong.

The Vacmaster is down to $327 for Labor Day and looking more into Cabelas because obviously their stuff is crazy popular!

The Vacmaster is down to $327 for Labor Day and looking more into Cabelas because obviously their stuff is crazy popular!
Vacuum sealers unlimited has the vacmaster for $299 and free shipping.
And they have a thread here where they post a discount coupon on bags and rolls.
Bags don't ship free unfortunately.

Reactions: nutt and tallbm
Vacuum sealers unlimited

Since they are a sponsor here and give out monthly discounts... I would see if I could work something out with Lisa ..

ps. What is it that's not working right on the Food Saver ? Usually the only thing that goes bad is the tape covering the heat strip... It is replaceable if that's the problem... had to change mine out as the bag was sticking to the heat strip ..

Reactions: nutt
I replaced my Food Saver with a Vacmaster Pro 350 (I think). It's great for packaging 40+ lbs of sliced bacon, a couple of times a year. But as Steve H mentioned, it's a bit heavy and unwieldy, as I have to haul it upstairs from my den/storage. So I bought another little cheapie Food Saver off someone from Offerup for $10, for when I just need to seal a bag or two. It's a heck of a lot lighter, and I can store it in a cupboard in the kitchen.

I already buy my rolls from VSU so buying the Vacmaster is getter nicer indeed:-) also this will have its own spot next to my SV (I’m finally building the table I’ve had in mind for some time, nice to get it going!)

My food saver wil not suction air out of the bag unless I bear grip the unit with both hands squeezing it together. The last two times I used it(both in the last week) each bag took a half hour! So even if I could fix it….it’s outahere!(would be nice to sell it for something however 🤔🤔)

I already buy my rolls from VSU so buying the Vacmaster is getter nicer indeed:-) also this will have its own spot next to my SV (I’m finally building the table I’ve had in mind for some time, nice to get it going!)

My food saver wil not suction air out of the bag unless I bear grip the unit with both hands squeezing it together. The last two times I used it(both in the last week) each bag took a half hour! So even if I could fix it….it’s outahere!(would be nice to sell it for something however 🤔🤔)
Have you tried washing( dawn dish soap) the foam seals, or flipping them over? That got some extra life from my foodsaver.
I did purchase th VM 360 with 16" seal bar. Large but very nice unit.

I have the Avid Armor A100 and am very happy with it. I will never go back to Food Saver.

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky