BEST Pellet Grill/Smoker for Weekend Warrior???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DR_3

Original poster
Jul 21, 2019
Help please.... I have been spending way too little time cooking and too much time reading reviews, websites, etc!

I need to get pellet grill/smoker with size, functions, etc. like Camp Chef Woodwind SG, Rec Tec Bull, etc. I know Jeff has a comparison chart with a few on it (https://www.smoking-meat.com/which-pellet-grill-smoker-is-right-for-you) and recommends Camp Chef but I have seen several recent posts/reviews here and elsewhere that are pretty concerning. Lots of other reviews out there but little consistency between them. I know a lot of folks "love my ___", but then I see others' say that same type is no good.....

I can always look-up size, functions, etc. but I want to know which I should get so I can "set and forget" and use for months and months without fixing, modifying, etc. (done that before); within reason, price is not a major factor

I own a REC TEC BULL and I cannot stop singing it praises. Like you I spent 6 months reading reviews and watching videos trying to find the "BEST ONE"
What I figured out is there is no "BEST ONE"....I found the right one for me, and for me...the right one was the Bull.
It is built exceptionally well. It cooks better than anything I have ever seen and the customer service from the company is beyond exceptional. They are based in GA. You call them up for anything...A question, a problem, anything and they will do back flips to help you!
If you want more info ....pm me and I will tell you all you would like to know!
And no I do not work for them....I could not be that lucky!
Heres a couple of pics...

Reverse SEAR 32oz Ribeye
img_2330-jpg.401040

SPARE RIBS...look at the smoke ring!

img_2370-jpg.401041

Smoked Picahana....Smoke ring perfect...medium rare and delicious!!

img_2478-jpg.401042

I would be in the Rec Tech Bull group. I got mine last Nov and it has worked flawlessly every time. Ive run in a summer and winter. I praise Rec Tec a bunch and would recommend to anyone.

this was a long drawn out research project for me. I struggled for months. I was just about to go with a Mak, but couldnt part with that much $$ when I added all the extras I needed it was just too much money. Ultimately I got the Bull, its dreamy and I am stoked for what I paid for it. Their customer service it top tier! I emailed them and they were calling me within hours to help. I called two times. My cold weather cover had some Velcro that coming unstitched - they just sent a replacement no questions - I was expecting a partial refund. Second time was a question about a default setting I was confused about. the rep knew so much about this it was amazing to chat with him and now I know about how it works. I posted a thread about it for all to learn from as well.

I would recommend the Bull!

Reactions: Steff3 and NU2SMOKE
I bought Pit Boss last month. I am very happy with it. It has all the features I wanted. The 2 main items on my must have list were fuel capacity and the ability to grill and sear. The pellet hopper holds 35 pounds of pellets. Over the July 4th weekend, I smoked a 15 # packer brisket, and an 11# pork shoulder side by side. Set it an forget it . The pork came out in 10 hours, the beef at 17. I have cooked a wide variety of meals and have had great results.
Last night I smoked a 3# top round (package said London broil) then reverse seared it over the slide grill above the fire pot.
If cost IS a factor, the Pit Boss line is reasonably priced, and the quality is high.

Reactions: Steff3
As in your other thread, I'd highly recommend Rec Tec as the best value for the money.

They also sell direct and it only takes about a week to get their grills and shipping is free.

If you buy from them direct, there are no middlemen to pay or retail floor space to pay for, you get all of your moneys worth in the product itself.

PID controlled for set it and forget it convenience, it has stainless steel construction, stainless steel grates, stainless steel firepot, cooking chamber, customer service which is absolutely second to none, Wifi, app, 40lb pellet hopper in the Bull, 30lb in the Stampede.

6 year warranty on the Bull. Find any other pellet grill for the same money and of that size with that same length of warranty, and that will give you a very good indication as to which is the best for the money.

4 year warranty on the Stampede.

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
D DR_3 If your in South Florida you can come to my house and Ill let you take the Bull for a test ride. You dont have to worry about holding on for the 8 seconds....once you try it...you WONT let go!!
Hell....Ill even provide the steaks!

D DR_3 If your in South Florida you can come to my house and Ill let you take the Bull for a test ride. You dont have to worry about holding on for the 8 seconds....once you try it...you WONT let go!!
Hell....Ill even provide the steaks!

Rec Tec owners are definitely enthusiastic about their purchases. You can't beat an offer like that.

Rec Tec owners are definitely enthusiastic about their purchases. You can't beat an offer like that.

Thats because anybody who owns a REC TEC knows that once you purchase it you are not an owner...you are part of a family and well....FAMILY sticks together!! So to my hopefully soon to be brother....come on down!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky