Best pellet brand

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Actually I used a modified Jeff’s rub. I added some finally ground coffee & used a Kingsford blend. I am going back to either an all oak or an all hickory pellet. I purchased Bear Mountain, but haven’t tried it.
I shifted from Traeger pellets to Bear Mountain last year and I don't think I'll go back. Traeger says they do not use flavored oil for their pellets, but I seem to get a better flavor from the Bear Mountain. I've tried Apple, Oak and just used a sweet blend for Jeff's chex mix (came out fantastic). I also tend to add a smoke tube to my Camp Chef pellet smoker when doing a cook. That way I'm not messing with a smoke level and I get a more consistant temperature throughout the cook.

Reactions: Jim Linville
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky