Best brisket I ever made!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kutch98

Original poster
May 15, 2021
I’ve had a Smokin-it #2 for 5 years now and I’ve gotten pretty decent on it. For my birthday this year my wife got me a Pit Boss Lexington 500. I’ve cooked some ribs and pork shoulder on it, everything’s been ok. But today....this brisket came out amazing!

sprayed w/ avocado oil and sprinkled on Montreal steak seasoning. Put it in pre heat at 225. Spritzed lightly with beef broth at 140 and 160. I also wrapped at 160.

after wrapping I turned it up to 250 till about 195 then turned it to 300 (I was getting impatient). Tested with bamboo skewers at 203 and said good enough.

let it sit for 30 minutes, then after watching a video from Kosmo Q I wrapped in tightly in clung wrap (with the butcher paper still on, not directly in meat). Let that sit for another hour use before slicing.

I gotta say, I don’t normally eat a lot of my own cooking, I just like smoking. But this beat out a lot of restaurants I’ve ate at brisket. I saved some juices. Already looking forward to rewarding tomorrow with the juice.

Attachments

• C8FFD1AB-4DAA-4675-B21E-2B7CE519ABCA.jpeg
    C8FFD1AB-4DAA-4675-B21E-2B7CE519ABCA.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 82
Congrats. Brisket can be tricky. To get such a great result you hit every step right. Remember and repeat what you did...JJ

Reactions: kutch98
Nicely Done. Sure looks good

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: kutch98
Great, sounds like a potential "hot and fast" convert in the making..
Me, I'm all in hot and fast wise.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky