Belzebubeef jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well about 7:30 am this morning daughter got home from work and we gave it a whirl. Verdict is flavor is decent but needs more depth. Heat level was not what I was expecting. Actually much lower than hoped for :(
I think you need to try it out on some poor, unsuspecting schlob who thinks Pepperocinis are hot.

Well about 7:30 am this morning daughter got home from work and we gave it a whirl. Verdict is flavor is decent but needs more depth. Heat level was not what I was expecting. Actually much lower than hoped for :(

Heat level was low...There is always Brushing on Pure Capsaicin Oil! That should bring the heat up...JJ

Reactions: drdon
Al'right!
Thank you Holly, got home today and your jerky was waiting on me.
I'd completely forgot about it, a nice surprise.
Thank you very much.

Okay, my take on this after a taste test.
The flavor is pretty good, but there is just a hint of bitterness.
Two ways to go in my opinion, sweet or salty, perhaps both.
The heat, yep it's definitely not what I expected for what your recipe listed.
I rank it as mild, maybe 4:10.
That's damned surprising, where is all that capsaicin going?
I can see how you'd be a bit disappointed.

Now my youngest son, he's 13 and loves jerky and snack sticks.
He knew that it might be spicy hot and tried it anyways.
He rates the taste as 8:10, real nice flavor he says, but with the same hint of bitter.
The heat he rated 6:10 which is about his limit.
Yeah, to him it was pretty hot.

Last edited:
Reactions: TomKnollRFV
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky