Belly buster Brisket! With Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is a beautiful brisket! And the gravy looks fantastic. I'll have to try that next time. I have a ThermoPro TP-17. I love it. The dual probes come in really handy for something large such as a brisket, since I can monitor temps in two areas.

Reactions: radio
Thanks everyone. I am freezing some of the left over brisket to enjoy later. On to smoked meatloaf and pork belly burnt ends next. I was in Sam's club today and found a fairly lean (as pork bellies go anyway;-) 4 pound pork belly. I have had them elsewhere before, but never made them myself. Jeff's method sounds wonderful!

Radio, keep it up you are doing amazing! Looks really nice and obviously you have an aptitude for cooking. Thanks for the magic elixir tip.

At what smoker temp did you cook it?

If you need help with that delicious looking brisket and gravy I can be there in 5 hours!:emoji_laughing:

Radio, keep it up you are doing amazing! Looks really nice and obviously you have an aptitude for cooking. Thanks for the magic elixir tip.

At what smoker temp did you cook it?

If you need help with that delicious looking brisket and gravy I can be there in 5 hours!:emoji_laughing:

Lol! Thanks!
I cooked it in the pellet grill, so started it at 225, then after a couple hours bumped it up to 265.
I smoked a small meatloaf last evening and used the "magic elixer" to make more gravy. You need to try it when you cook a brisket. Sure beats the heck out of the packaged gravy mix!

Lol! Thanks!
I cooked it in the pellet grill, so started it at 225, then after a couple hours bumped it up to 265.
I smoked a small meatloaf last evening and used the "magic elixer" to make more gravy. You need to try it when you cook a brisket. Sure beats the heck out of the packaged gravy mix!

This coming weekend I'm trying a brisket for the first time and I'm thinking of just doing the flat rather than a whole packer. Will definitely make the magic elixir and I bet the gravy will be better than anything you can buy.

Anyone have any tips on the best way to smoke a flat and make sure it comes out juicy??

This coming weekend I'm trying a brisket for the first time and I'm thinking of just doing the flat rather than a whole packer. Will definitely make the magic elixir and I bet the gravy will be better than anything you can buy.

Anyone have any tips on the best way to smoke a flat and make sure it comes out juicy??

I like to wrap or pan mine at the stall with the "elixir". Use the probe method to determine when it is done *almost* to the pulling stage. A common mistake is undercooking them in fear of drying them out if cooked longer. While they can dry out if cooked directly on the grate, they will also be dry and tough when under done.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky