Belly bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Bear, its resting before slicing in the fridge now.

Thanks. Come back wensday with a towel.
Oh I will - I will 
biggrin.gif

beercheer.gif

Fine looking bacon. Great job and thanks for the tutorial on how to make it. If on my 2nd trip to Restuarant Depot.. I happen to stumble over bellies for two bucks..I will be in business. Now what I am going to to with 50 lbs of the stuff..I aint quite sure..lol.

Nice bacon!!!

Thanks Woodcutter. This stuff would be 10 bucks a lb in the store.

Fine looking bacon. Great job and thanks for the tutorial on how to make it. If on my 2nd trip to Restuarant Depot.. I happen to stumble over bellies for two bucks..I will be in business. Now what I am going to to with 50 lbs of the stuff..I aint quite sure..lol.

We go through 10 lb in 2 months. 50 lb would be no problem.

We prob go through a pound a week. So 50 lbs last a year..and aint got much place to keep it. Hey maybe a person could make it and sell it..hmmm.

This is for a family member. I have a loin curing for smoked pork chops. After it gets done my belly will get cured.

cf, man don't know how I missed your thread here !! All I can say is that is just the tastiest lookin bacon I have ever seen. WOW, I have seriously gotta try that ! But probably could not do it the justice you did there!! Nice job man, very nice !! :2thumbs:

Justin

cf, man don't know how I missed your thread here !! All I can say is that is just the tastiest lookin bacon I have ever seen. WOW, I have seriously gotta try that ! But probably could not do it the justice you did there!! Nice job man, very nice !!
2thumbs.gif

Justin
Thanks man,  if I can do it so can you.  

Thanks Foam. Maybe fry and crumble up in some of your slaw?

Just a idea that popped in my head.

Well I asked some of the elder female farm lady kinfolks about freezing bacon one time. "She say no..you dont need to freeze bacon..that is why they make bacon out of it so it dont need freezing." I seem to be detecting conflicting testimony here..lol. Yall are driving me crazy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky