Bella’s Smoke Generator.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
So I received an early Father’s Day gift. The Bella’s cold smoke generator. If I would have realized that they made the Sable’s XL I would have lobbied for that one for several reasons most of which center around the fact that the Sable’s is just bigger.

All that said. I wanted the cold smoke generator for my big smokehouse to make it more usable in the warmer months for my general meat curing chores. I was going to just build one from Marianski’s online plans, but I was informed by my war department that I would‘nt find the time to do that anytime soon and that they (she) would just issue me one. So there you go, I got the Bella’s. I’ve installed it and been playing with it. Seems to run best with a 1:1 mix of pellets and chips, so pecan pellets and cherry chips it is.

B986BC53-225F-42A4-B404-80AD1B8B3F9B.jpeg

8205C377-F6AB-447D-8EFA-728A826A3522.jpeg

At first I was a little concerned that the little unit would not make enough smoke for the 3x3x4’ upper smoke chamber, but fears were soon calmed once it got up and running. It actually will produce to much smoke with the pump on max. Smokin It recommended running the pump about 50%, and in most cases I would agree, however I have a pretty large space to fill with smoke and setting the pump to about 3/4 seems about right, but it does consume more fuel faster there.

Yesterday I decided to do a hurry up rib cook for supper, only about 4 hours to get them done and I don’t wrap them. So I rubbed up a rack of St Louis ribs with Bone Suckin’ Sauce rub and into the smok running along at about 225* let them ride about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. They looked good.

2169932A-5A93-47EC-8908-CC768830B44D.jpeg

Then I threw them on the Yoder pellet with a rack of BB ribs rubbed with Kosmose Honey Killer Bee. Finished them in another hour at about 300*
FA520209-33A4-46A6-BF9F-CEAA1060581A.jpeg

The Bella’s works fine, it does have a bit of a learning curve that I’m still in but so far it’s seem good. I’m smoking some salt now trying to get it dialed in.

Thanks for stopping by.

Looks like a nice unit.
Had one similar to that but didn't hold as many pellets.
The problem I had was the moisture in the pellets would cause the pellets to stop dropping as the moisture gets released from the burning one.
You need to keep an eye on it and just poke them down with a screwdriver or something.

Cleaning to get the creosote out is not a lot of fun.
The manufacturer of yours recommends using drain cleaner.
That is something I had not tried.

Microwaving the pellets for a short time might get the moisture out of them before putting in the smoker.
Have not tried.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Looks like a nice unit.
Had one similar to that but didn't hold as many pellets.
The problem I had was the moisture in the pellets would cause the pellets to stop dropping as the moisture gets released from the burning one.
You need to keep an eye on it and just poke them down with a screwdriver or something.

Cleaning to get the creosote out is not a lot of fun.
The manufacturer of yours recommends using drain cleaner.
That is something I had not tried.

Microwaving the pellets for a short time might get the moisture out of them before putting in the smoker.
Have not tried.
I’m already seeing a moisture problem. I’m thinking about mixing up some pellets and chips and putting them in the oven to bake off the moisture.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky