Bell Fabrications Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Please excuse my helpfulness. I’m not a bellfab owner just trying to help. Recommend 1/3 size firebox/cook chamber. Also recommend using it and enjoying it.
My firebox is 20x22. Why on earth would I need to double it for the size of my smoker? Who needs a almost 4ft long firebox? That's just ridiculous
IMG_20210909_190137.jpg
IMG_20210909_190155.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
My firebox is 20x22. Why on earth would I need to double it for the size of my smoker? Who needs a almost 4ft long firebox? That's just ridiculousView attachment 510157View attachment 510158
Glad to see you got it out of that barn that’s awesome bud. Hopefully you get some cooler weather soon so you can roll some smoke. Can’t wait to see the threads.

• Love
Reactions: zippy12
I have seen Jakes smoker in action and can testify at the quality of the food it makes and the ease of operation. not sure how any smoker could work better imo.

Doesn't leak at all around the doors. They are sealed up nicely. So is the firebox
Craig was trying to talk me out of a single door but I was very concerned about it leaking in-between the two doors since there's nothing behind it to seal the seam.

Craig was trying to talk me out of a single door but I was very concerned about it leaking in-between the two doors since there's nothing behind it to seal the seam.
It's nice and tight. His smokers have great airflow so I wouldn't be worried about it. I will say though my double doors are very heavy. A single door will be crazy heavy even with counter weights

Reactions: Displaced Texan
I will say though my double doors are very heavy. A single door will be crazy heavy even with counter weights
Jase, you are investing in a smoker that will last you forever. When you get older, you will appreciate the double doors...

Reactions: TNJAKE
I was thinking about having my firebox built like one of Chudd's pitts that has a charcoal grill built in above the firebox. Any thoughts on whether that's a good idea or waste of time and money?
ChudPit65_4.jpeg.jpg
ChudPit65_3.jpeg.jpg

I was thinking about having my firebox built like one of Chudd's pitts that has a charcoal grill built in above the firebox. Any thoughts on whether that's a good idea or waste of time and money?View attachment 510308View attachment 510309

I just put a cast iron pan on top of my Lang firebox & cook breakfast & lunch, while waiting for the brisket or butt to finish.
Al

After years of using charcoal smokers I finally pulled the trigger and decided to go with a good backyard offset smoker. After thorough research I was just about to buy a 20" Horizon when I stumbled across a YouTube video that mentioned a pit builder based out of Tulsa, OK. I live in Oklahoma so being able to pick up my pit from the manufacturer saves me hundreds of dollars in shipping costs. I immediately found the website and spoke with the owner, Craig Bell, who is super nice. I told him what I wanted and he put me on the waiting list (8-10 weeks). I'm getting a 24" x 48" with a 24" firebox, all 3/8" thick fully welded steel for $1200. That's a steal compared to any competitor (that only uses 1/4" steel mind you) who's rigs cost 3 to 4 times more for a comparable size. The pics I uploaded are just stock photos. I'm having mine built with a single cook chamber door with counterweight and wood rack below. Does anyone else here own a Bell Fab that can give some input? 8 weeks can't comView attachment 510141View attachment 510142View attachment 510141View attachment 510141View attachment 510142e soon enough and I'll update you guys with pics of the finished product.
fetch
View attachment 510141
fetch
View attachment 510142
So how many more days until you pick up your new offset? What’s your plan for the first cook?

Reactions: flatbroke
So how many more days until you pick up your new offset? What’s your plan for the first cook?
Still have over a month to go. As for my first cook, I was wanting to do a brisket but I'll probably get to know the pit a little better before I throw an expensive cut of meat on there. So I'll probably do some spareribs or pork butt.

Still have over a month to go. As for my first cook, I was wanting to do a brisket but I'll probably get to know the pit a little better before I throw an expensive cut of meat on there. So I'll probably do some spareribs or pork butt.
Sounds great. I’m sure you are counting down the days.

Reactions: flatbroke
First post here yea, I am also on the wait list one month to go. 24x48 folding shelf, going to be left outside so it should be easier to cover it with a tarp and bungees. Would like some input on tuning plates, the triangle exhaust, Tru Tell probe length or anything else not mentioned in the older post. Thanks for any help

Last edited:
The wait is finally over. Actually went and picked it up from Craig a couple of weeks ago. First cook was beef back ribs and pork spareribs. Cooks great, still trying to adjust to the learning curve of using an offset.
20211107_160200.jpg
20211107_160150.jpg
20211107_160142.jpg
20211107_160204.jpg
20211107_160211.jpg
20211107_160220.jpg
20211107_160229.jpg
20211107_165930.jpg
20211107_165859.jpg
20211107_213252.jpg

First post here yea, I am also on the wait list one month to go. 24x48 folding shelf, going to be left outside so it should be easier to cover it with a tarp and bungees. Would like some input on tuning plates, the triangle exhaust, Tru Tell probe length or anything else not mentioned in the older post. Thanks for any help
I would definitely recommend the tuning plates. Immediately after firing it up I was able to adjust the two tuning plates for a 5° difference from left to right.

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky