Beer, VWs, BBQ, HAM Radio, and Guitars

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As my name suggests, I dabble in beer from time to time. :)

Don't waste your time trying to get Yuengling. It's not bad, not worth importing to CA. We have so many fantastic beer brewed here in CA that you can never try them all.

Cheers.

Glad to have you aboard the SMF. You're in for some more fun, and real soon. It's all good my friend.

Hey Now Aircooled!

Welcome aboard, you're in a great place for learning to smoke up some meat!

I loves me some tri-tip too. Smoked two of them last weekend. I'd love to hear how you do yours up. I usually make a rub of salt, pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. How do you do yours?

I've fiddled around with guitars, but nothing really gets me off like laying down some thunder with my bass. I love how I can crank up my amp, thump that E string and actually feel my whole body vibrate!

I was raised here in Kansas City, but lived in California for a number of years. I was in the Navy and on a aircraft carrier home ported in Alameda. Met my wife in Berkeley; she grew up in Merced. After I was discharged we lived way up North in Eureka for three years. Now we're back in K.C.

Anyway, glad to have you aboard.

KansasQueBall
Thanks to all for the warm welcomes. I knew there were gonna be a few HAMs, musicians, brewers, and VW guys!

As far as tri-tip, it's on the grill with oak wood after a very simple marinade. It has been around a while, and was very popular with the surfers who would let in sit in their ... get ready ... VW BUSES while they surfed. No, not part of that collective. I have a life.

Dogger's Tri-Tip Marinade
  • untrimmed tri-tip
  • zip-loc bag
  • one 12-16oz bottle of good lager (not Heiney)
  • one cup soy sauce
  • 8-10 cloves of garlic, smashed a bit
  • black pepper
Put the tri-tip into the zippy, add beer, soy sauce, garlic, pepper .... put in fridge/cooler for 2-3 hours .... let come back up to room temp .... onto the fire ... voila! Well-done not spoken here, cuz that's just not right.

And funny you play bass, KQB --- I just picked it up again after a many year hiatus. No amp yet, just an effects pedal. But I'm thinking something massive, a'la Ampeg SVT.

AC

Welcome !

I am a dubber from way back! I don't own one as of now, I married a girl from Michigan, so GM is the houshold name now. I do want to find a ghia convertable or a bus camper and redo/soop up someday, I think my boy and I would have a good time doing that. They are hard to find out here.

Welcome !

I am a dubber from way back! I don't own one as of now, I married a girl from Michigan, so GM is the houshold name now. I do want to find a ghia convertable or a bus camper and redo/soop up someday, I think my boy and I would have a good time doing that. They are hard to find out here.
Great! VWs are imprinted on a lot of people in one way or another. Nice to think a new generation could learn to love/hate them, too!

Decent examples that aren't total rust buckets or modified beyond repair are hard to find out in CA now, I could only imagine how tough it is in the snowy states ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky