Been out of the picture for a while

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry to hear about your Mom. My parents both died when I was just a teen, so the silver lining in this is you had plenty of wonderful years & memories that will live on in your heart forever!
Al

I'm in the same situation , JC. Had to move in with my mom almost 2 years ago..I always thought being an only child was cool , not any more. Hang in there brother and be sure to try and take care of yourself too .👍

Reactions: JC in GB
My thoughts are with you. No matter how long the end seems to drag out, you will have a lifetime of memories after she passes.
Hope she isn't suffering, there just isn't a medical excuse for that any more. You hang in there.
Lost my folks decades ago now but still miss them both soooo much. I'll be next in line...feeling fine but I see myself failing nearly daily. Cycle of life. But my kids are well and on their own and just hope my final days aren't too hard on them.

JC it is all about family, sorry to hear this . But you are doing what loving family do when they have to.
As others have posted . we step up when we have to and hate to see a loved one go through this.
Our problems seem minor when a family member needs our help.

I also lost mom when I was 12 and Dad just a few years back at 75 still way too young. Now Mona's mom is 86 and we are trying to get her to move in before she really has to because of illness.

Keep up with what you need to do, and god bless you all

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky