Been hawking Craigslist

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
and I found exactly what I what I was looking for today, 4.5 miles from my house.

2B174F04-7974-4BED-8AEB-41AE967C6F4A.jpeg
It’s a Berkel 827A-plus. Exactly the slicer I’d hope to find. I probably overpaid a hair, but it’s a really nice one.

Now I can slice my bacon without modifying my slicer to the point of it being dangerous!

Just wanted to share.

Thats great. I found a Hobart bout 20 miles form me that they say works great on CL. 200 bucks but I already have one an dont need another.

Actually I might see if they still have it. Have a buddy that wants one.

Reactions: 73saint
Got any recommendations for a good entry level slicer?

I am going to pick up a couple bellies this weekend(hopefully) and figured if I am going to start doing bacon going to need a slicer. They are anywhere from $50 to $600 on amazon. Not seeing much on craigslist in this area.

The one I was using was a waring pro. It retails around $75. It’s does the trick, but I am slicing bacon constantly nowadays, as we’ve been selling it faster than we can make it. I almost took my thumb off the last go round so an upgrade was imminent.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
The one I was using was a waring pro. It retails around $75. It’s does the trick, but I am slicing bacon constantly nowadays, as we’ve been selling it faster than we can make it. I almost took my thumb off the last go round so an upgrade was imminent.

Thanks for the input. Ill check it out and keeping looking on craigstlist too. Nice find btw

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky