Been Gone for Awhile.........QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

caveman

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
But I am still around.  Traveling back & forth from California to Texas & Missouri takes its toll on a person.  But of course, my love of smoke has not diminished.  I had some free time this weekend, so it was off to the Butcher's for a brisk.  This one was 10 lbs @ $3.98 a pound.  (So, does that say, PRIME CUT??) My before shots were corrupted, Boo Hoo, but the rest of my shots came out pretty decent.  Enjoy.

Of course, these are the mustard & rub shots.

c6f665c1_71b00702.jpg

c7ea21a0_5c1de39a.jpg

It was smoked with Mesquite for 1.5 hours @ 230°, then my temps spiked to 255° for the next 4.5 hours.  I used my WSM 22.5 smoker with just water, no spritzing with the fat cap up.

c3169cd0_c9c73c6f.jpg

I pulled it at 165° to slice off what I belived was the point to make burnt ends for the first time in my smoking history.  I then foiled & placed back on the smoker until it hit 200°, pulled it off & wrapped it in a towel inside of the cooler for two hours.  The burnt ends came off at the same time, which was probably a mistake as they were a little tough.  The total cook time for both was 6.5 hours. 

40366339_e38adf72.jpg

After the slice, placed in foil & back onto the smoker.

e4f246ce_7fbeeafd.jpg

This is the portion I used to cube for the burnt ends.

1c9ba2c8_061a11e8.jpg

890bd63f_64dcfdc2.jpg

27f81541_346574ad.jpg

They did not turn out as I had hoped.  I had to finish them up in the over @ 275° for 3 more hours to get the desired tenderness I was shooting for.

After two hours of rest time.

0fa0c1cd_293fa5a7.jpg

f392562e_3f95b7b7.jpg

5e4a4c8d_8010f293.jpg

d2efaca0_c1d11a60.jpg

acbeb299_8b7cfe66.jpg

7423a95b_825da70b.jpg

13ff7d41_850f2ebc.jpg

Dinner was black-eyed-peas, kernel corn, cole slaw, a baked potatoe & the brisk.  Thank you for looking.

ee9481f4_d7e66535.jpg

WB DUDE!!!

It all looks great from my house.

My sil and brother are asking for smokes so i guess saturday will be a full MES day.

Am going to have to whup up some black eyed peas to go w/ it . oh, and some cornbread.

Welcome back my friend. Glad to see ya getting a little time to smoke. Good looking Brisky

WB DUDE!!!

It all looks great from my house.

My sil and brother are asking for smokes so i guess saturday will be a full MES day.

Am going to have to whup up some black eyed peas to go w/ it . oh, and some cornbread.
Thank you E!  You can never go wrong with some peas, black eyed style.  (Cornbread!!!!  I knew I forgot something.)

Welcome back my friend. Glad to see ya getting a little time to smoke. Good looking Brisky
Thank you Scar!  Had to stick at least one in before I get back on the road.  Trying to get a notebook on my X-mas wish list so that I can keep up with the site.

Looks good and welcome back

icon_cool.gif

Defiantly welcome back and that's back with in a fine way too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
on the brisket and I wish I could have seen those ends thou. 

Last edited:
Hello Anthony,

Glad to see you're back into the smoking game. Very nice plate you put together, my compliments. Talk to you soon.

Rich

Good looking brisket with a beautiful smoke ring. Very nice. Sorry the point didn't turn out as you hoped! Keep tryin'.

Last edited:
Looks good and welcome back
Thank you Piney.  It was quite tasty.

icon_cool.gif

Defiantly welcome back and that's back with in a fine way too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
on the brisket and I wish I could have seen those ends thou. 
I kind of over did it with the BBQ sauce because I knew I was gonna stick them in oven to finish them off.  But I did get a shot of them in, right?  Thanks Mark.

That's a heck of a comback caveman, been wondering where ya been?  Yabba Dabba Do...
icon_razz.gif
Yabba Dabba back at you.  Thank you Meat.  I have been around, just busier than heck with a sick relative & out of town business.

Hello Anthony,

Glad to see you're back into the smoking game. Very nice plate you put together, my compliments. Talk to you soon.

Rich
Hey ya Rich.  You know it's all good baby!  Thank you very much & I will talk to you soon my friend..

Great looking brisket and welcome back.
Thank you Dan.  It was quite tasty.  One of my better brisk's, although, I only have two recorded & one without the qview.

Welcome Back and great to see you Smokin' Up A Storm!!

Todd
Thank you Todd.  And trust me when I tell you, that was no storm.  But one is a coming.

Welcome back Cave glad you were able to get in a smoke.
Yes sir Rick.  Me too.  I was shaking from needing a fix.  Thanks a heap!!

Good looking brisket with a beautiful smoke ring. Very nice. Sorry the point didn't turn out as you hoped! Keep tryin'.
Thank you Pokey.  I will work on them ends.  That was the first shot.  The next should be better.

Hi Caveman and welcome back! Sending a big ole caveman hug to ya! Your brisket looks great!
Hello Squirrel & Thank you.  UGH!!  Luv dem hugs!!  Hope all is well with you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky