Been Craving Some Q'ed Up Beef Back Ribs !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The only way to get really meaty ribs is have the butcher cut them for you, but the price is so high you may as well go with a bone in or boneless Rib Eye Roll and have lots of meat.

I have found them a couple of times with decent meat on them but not often enough.

Gary S

I agree with ya Gary, honestly the big reason I ended up gettin these is they had pretty decent meat on them compared to most I've seen recently & the Max Packs were $1.49 lb. for the Memorial Day weekend ! So figured what the heck, they had been sounding good for a while too ! :biggrin:

Sorry all, will try to get better pics up tomorrow.... Didn't happen today !

Well, with the wife's help probably gonna do some chicken thighs... How about you ?

Looks real good from here, Justin!!!
drool.gif

Beef Ribs are my favorite Ribs!!!
icon14.gif

Take care of that ankle!!!

Need lots of Protein for muscle growth, and some fat for joint lubrication!!!
biggrin.gif

Bear

Last edited:
Looks real good from here, Justin!!!:drool

Beef Ribs are my favorite Ribs!!!Thumbs Up

Take care of that ankle!!!
Need lots of Protein for muscle growth, and some fat for joint lubrication!!!:biggrin:

Bear

Thanks Bear ! They are one of my favs too, just trying to find them with a little chewin left on them can be a little difficult for some reason.... Don't know why they gotta take all the meat off em most the time ! Anyway, there's my rant ! LOL. Thanks for the regards to the ankle... I agree completely about the muscle growth & joint lubrication ! Good reason to Q somethin up.... Just takes me a little longer to hobble around ! :biggrin:

Tasty looking ribs Justin! Ask the butcher at your favorite store for untrimmed ribs. They usually come two whole racks to a cryo pack. The price per pound should be no more than the price for the trimmed ones. In fact the butcher at my fav store only charges me a few cents more a pound than what they pay.

This is the only way to get good beef ribs short of butchering the cow yourself.

They look like they turned out really good Justin 
thumb1.gif

Sorry to hear about your ankle - I've had more than my share of injuries & being immobile stinks - hope it gets better soon  :beercheer:

Thanks SB, they did turn out pretty good ! Thanks for the kind words & the regards to the immobility ! Keep tellin my kids that all people have 2 wheels, Dad just has a flat tire for a few days ! LOL.

Tasty looking ribs Justin! Ask the butcher at your favorite store for untrimmed ribs. They usually come two whole racks to a cryo pack. The price per pound should be no more than the price for the trimmed ones. In fact the butcher at my fav store only charges me a few cents more a pound than what they pay.

This is the only way to get good beef ribs short of butchering the cow yourself.

Thanks for dropping a line Case ! I appreciate the kind words & I'am gonna go and ask the butcher just as ya said.... Need some more meat on them bones ! :biggrin:

Thanks Bear ! They are one of my favs too, just trying to find them with a little chewin left on them can be a little difficult for some reason.... Don't know why they gotta take all the meat off em most the time ! Anyway, there's my rant ! LOL. Thanks for the regards to the ankle... I agree completely about the muscle growth & joint lubrication ! Good reason to Q somethin up.... Just takes me a little longer to hobble around !
biggrin.gif
They like to trim them close, because the other side is Prime Rib, and they can charge a lot more than what they charge for Ribs.

I always get the bones cut off from my Prime Ribs, and kept separate, so I can have a good Beef Rib smoke or two. The one time I stocked up on $4.99 Prime Rib, I ended up with 14 pounds of Beef Ribs.
drool.gif

Bear

They like to trim them close, because the other side is Prime Rib, and they can charge a lot more than what they charge for Ribs.

I always get the bones cut off from my Prime Ribs, and kept separate, so I can have a good Beef Rib smoke or two. The one time I stocked up on $4.99 Prime Rib, I ended up with 14 pounds of Beef Ribs.:drool

Bear

Thanks Bear, yeah... makes sense, just follow the money... LOL. I'am gonna start doing that with my PR as ya suggested when we get our 1/2 of beef, we end up with a couple real nice PR's.... Next ones gettin trimmed for some good ole meaty ribs ! Thumbs Up

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky