Been a long time...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shorts

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Well gang it's been a long time since I've been on here just thought I'd give you and update and a huge thanks!! I've been very busy! My daughter is graduating from High School! She was accepted into Kent St in the Honors College!

Here's where the thanks comes in!!

I did about 40lbs of pulled pork for a NASCAR party at my local Eagles Club!!! Everybody absolutely went nuts over it!! They'd never tasted anything like it!!

My daughter had to do a Senior project for the Catholic school she goes to. What does she come up with...she is holding a benefit concert this Sat.
She got the opening band out of Toledo OH named We are the Fury and then another band found out about if from Canton Oh named Ostara and then a local band asked if they could open for them since they are new. All these kids are donating their time to the cause called "To Write Love On Her Arms". She kept bugging me to read the story where this organization came from and I'll tell you what very scary and very touching!! If you have young or teenage kids I suggest you read the story and the facts on their website. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this if not go ahead and edit it out...it's http://twloha.com. She makes me so proud!!

On to more thanks...I am smoking 20 lbs of beef whole round tip roast...got it for 99 cents a lb!! I am also doing 15 lbs of pulled pork to feed all the bands, security and friends before the concert!

Had it not been for this site I don't know if I ever would of attempted these cooks!! Many thanks!!!

I apologize no q-view let me see what I can do this weekend if I have time! This whole concert has been nuts trying to organize 3 bands sound and security!!

Thanks Richtee!!

Been a Buckeye fan through thick and thin...they just keep choking on the big one!! Nothing like a strohs though!!!! Had my first one when I was 13...er I mean 18....haven't stopped since!!!

Don't worry Domn8_ion it hasn't been easy...there have been many times I've said there is a reason some animals eat their young... Let them be themselves and give them enough rope to hang themselves then pull it in!!!!
Remember to pick the right battles too...my daughter wanted to die her hair jet black...if that's the worst thing she does...hell I'm a winner...so far that's the worst thing she has done!!!! I'm sure you'll do just fine!!!!

Congratulations to your daughter...that's awesome!
Sounds like you have been very busy...that's pretty awesome too. :)

Thanks Cowgirl!!

She's had her hands full with this one!! This is the first year they had the seniors come up with a project! All the other ones had one day projects and she comes up with this concert that takes months to coordinate!!!

That smokin part of the busy is a work of love!!!

Well I'm working from home today so I thought I'd take a couple of minutes and give you an update. My daughter had her benefit concert and raised $1000 for the organization "To Write Love On Her Arms"!!!! Went really well!
The kids all had a good time! I fed the bands and help Pulled Pork and beef. The headlining band "We Are The Fury" compared my Q to some of the best they've had in their travels around the US touring. They said they had never been treated so well even when they were playing the big shows!! Of course they had a few brews by then!! LOL!! If you like the old time Rock and Roll mixed with a sound something like Mott the Hoople...yeah I know how did kids this young hear of these guys...they are actually really good.

Now she wants to try and promote a concert again....good thing I'm already bald!!

I apologize no Q-view....beat me with piece of bacon!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky