BEEF TENDERLOIN AND CRAB LEGS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
My wifes birthday was last week and we finally got to celebrate yesterday. We have both been working a lot of hours and Ryder is back to school.
I didnt take a lot of pictures but this was hands down one of the best meals Iv had in a while.

I trimmed up a whole beef tenderloin and cooked the center portion for our dinner.

This is one of the better beef tenderloins ive had. I felt it had great marbling.
0830201502a.jpg

Made some clarified butter for diping the crab into
0830201555a.jpg

First batch of crab legs out of the steamer.
0830202044.jpg

And the tenderloin sliced.
0830202005a.jpg

We also had a salad and cauliflower to go along with it. This was a great meal!

And oh yea...of course ryder had to play with his food. Lol!
0830202136a.jpg

Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited:
Awesome looking meal Travis and happy birthday to the wife. Glad you finally got her calibrated
Lol! I'll be sure to edit that! Dont think I would even want to attempt that kind of calibration!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Looks awesome Travis! You had me at crab legs till I seen the tenderloin...just beautiful. Happy belated birthday to your wife and love the pic of Ryder!

Ryan

A wonderful surf & turf extravaganza for your wife's big day Travis, a fine piece of work, everything looks perfect, Like! RAY

I don't thimk I have ever seen marbling like that in a tenderloin before. That is awesome. Happy Birthday to your wife and congrats on a beautiful cook.

Ok Travis you made me lick my phone! Luckily it had some sweet pickle brine on it from tonight’s project and needed cleaned. Lol, seriously that looks amazing. I could go for that combo anytime.

Killer, just killer!
Thanks sandy!
Looks awesome Travis! You had me at crab legs till I seen the tenderloin...just beautiful. Happy belated birthday to your wife and love the pic of Ryder!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! It was a great meal! And even better time watching the boys eat something new. First time for crab legs for them!
Excellant looking meal Travis, look like Ryder really enjoyed it!
Thanks Jim! Yep Ryder had a blast! I loved watching him learn how to crack them open!
Awesome meal there guy. That tender lion is cooked just right for my taste.

Warren
Thanks Warren ! It came out perfect for me! The boys wont eat it much past medium so they enjoyed it as well!

A wonderful surf & turf extravaganza for your wife's big day Travis, a fine piece of work, everything looks perfect, Like! RAY
Thanks RAY! It was a perfect day all around!
View attachment 461086

Looks great man! Tell your old lady happy b-day from all us at SMF!
Thanks! She loved the meal and family time! Made for a good ending to the weekend!
That tenderloin is cooked perfectly!
Thanks normanaj! One of the best tenderloins ive had!

I don't thimk I have ever seen marbling like that in a tenderloin before. That is awesome. Happy Birthday to your wife and congrats on a beautiful cook.
Thanks kruizer!.....man I'm telling ya this is by far the most fat ive seen in a tenderloin baught from a store. It was prime but even so its pretty darn marbled. Only other one ive seen like that was from a local raised steer from my neighbor!

Nice. That Tenderloin is High Choice if not Prime. Been a long time since I had Crab Legs. To pricey to feed a crew of 4 adults that could eat 2 to 3 pound each!!!...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky