Beef Short Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellas and non fellas. Got some certified piedmontese beef ribs from tx smoker tx smoker last week. Brother in law was in town yesterday to watch the Mississippi State game with me so I smoked them up.

Started out with a nice slab
IMG_20220902_142702.jpg

Rubbed with some of Oakridge brisket rub and onto the smoker at 240 using pecan pellets. 2hr in here they are
IMG_20220903_120142.jpg

After that a sprayed them with Guinness every hour
IMG_20220903_135712.jpg

Starting to get some pull back
IMG_20220903_160438.jpg

Just shy of 9hrs they were probing like buttah! Pulled off for a rest. Bout 15 min
IMG_20220903_190054.jpg

Here's my bone. We had tater salad and chips. Large amount of beer.
IMG_20220903_193503.jpg

Tender and juicy as hell. Bone slid right out!

Thanks for looking. Headed to the land between the lakes for a little relaxing. Hope everyone has a great labor day!

HECK YEAH, Jake!! Fantastic looking dinos. I'm actually smoking some for my crowd tomorrow, too. And your Bulldogs took care of business as did my Gamecocks...

Reactions: TNJAKE
HECK YEAH, Jake!! Fantastic looking dinos. I'm actually smoking some for my crowd tomorrow, too. And your Bulldogs took care of business as did my Gamecocks...
Thanks Charles. Had I known there was gonna be a 2+ hour lightning delay I would have started drinking later lol. Feeling it today. Can't wait to see your ribs

Thanks Charles. Had I known there was gonna be a 2+ hour lightning delay I would have started drinking later lol. Feeling it today. Can't wait to see your ribs
Not to hijack your thread, but here's a little tease...
20220904_112946[1].jpg

Got 4 of these rubbed and in the fridge for their date with some smoke tomorrow. My TMG pit gonna get a workout tomorrow...

Thanks Keith. Whole sec showed out in their openers. Bet Oregon feels embarrassed today lol
Yes sir certainly was expecting a little better from Nix 🤑.Couldn't even score on the 3rd string......

Keith

Last edited:
  • Haha
Those are for the records book Jake. Top shelf beef cooked right. That combination of pecan and Guinness is near to my heart. Most excellent Sir.

Holy cow Jake....literally. I had a feeling we'd see some of those ribs before the weekend was over. Beautiful job brother but not fair. We are living off restaurant food and you're eating like a true BBQ pit master. BTW, we will be back in your neck of the woods this afternoon....hint hint :emoji_wink:
Not to hijack your thread, but here's a little tease...
That is a very unfair tease Charles. Days of yucky food on the road and you just gotta go and post this. Not fair at all my friend :emoji_laughing:

Robert

It doesn’t get any better than that Jake!
That is a one rib meal!
I think I might have a rack of those in the freezer too!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky