• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef Short Ribs

coyote1

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 12, 2010
Hi all seen a post for beef ribs reminded me I had some in the freezer but  I haven't ever smoked any  I don't know cook temp or times and inter. temp any help would be nice

I got a new toy to play with

getting ribs ready

Last edited:

coyote1

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 12, 2010
going to cook them at 250* for 3-6 hours to 200* inside more Q's tomarrow

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Hey I resemble that guy. Now you can use the 3-2-1 but I have found that smoking theses big ole things it better to smoke them by temp. I do keep the first 3 hours and then I foil them with a good amount of liquid in the foil and take them for about 2.5 hours but I go with the temp. When they hit about 190° i'll take them out of the foile and let them finish to about 205°ish maybe alittle more and then into the cooler for atleast 30 minutes if now more. You will like them believe me.

coyote1

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 12, 2010
just put the ribs on I did a quick test with my new toy on my temp gauge  it is off by a 100* to 150* got to get a new one

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Awesome!

Not sold on Beef Ribs???

Everybody has different taste buds---Right now I think mine exploded from looking at your Qview!!!

Thanks,

Bear

arnie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 20, 2010
Pork ribs are hard to beat, but I really like beef ribs

coyote1

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 12, 2010
I think I just like pork ribs better I'm going to try them again when it"s warm out and I have the new smoker done

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.