Beef round sirloin tip roast with Q-view!

Discussion in 'Beef' started by ats32, May 26, 2014.

1. ats32

ats32 Smoking Fanatic

Had to slice some up for dinner tonight but the rest will be sliced tomorrow for sandwiches. 

All trimmed up

Rubbed down

MES40 preheated and the amazing pellet smoker is smoking. Drip tray has beef stock, onion, garlic, and a dash of soy sauce

After reaching 130F its time for a 1.5 hour rest

Aus Ju base

Beauty of a color

Two pics of it sliced

And tonights meal. 

2. davidhef88

davidhef88 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks great!!

3. That looks really good man! Great color & looks nice & juicy  [​IMG]   Good smoke  [​IMG]

4. ats32

ats32 Smoking Fanatic

Thanks! Yes it was great. Can't wait to slice it really thin tomorrow for some sandwiches. 

5. They're gonna be great man! Thin sliced roast beef - smoked & not overcooked makes some of the best sandwiches  [​IMG]

6. Looks great nice color ,,I'm stuffed but you just made me want a snack ..

7. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

That's some delicious looking roast beef!  Very nicely done!  [​IMG]

Red

8. ats32

ats32 Smoking Fanatic

I didn't get a chance to slice and vacuum seal everything yesterday so it was tonights project. Mmmm...

9. If only you were closer...  [​IMG]          [​IMG]

10. demosthenes9

demosthenes9 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Man, that looks fricking tasty.     I ran into a funny situation when I vac packed 40 lbs that I smoked.   When sliced, I had a nice beautiful color (as does yours), but later when I removed the meat from the vac seal bags, all the color was gone.   I was seriously bummed out about it.   Taste and texture was there, but the color was all gone.  Anyways, I had opened up a 1 lb pack and there was some left, so I threw it in a ziplock and put it in the fridge.   Took it out 2 days later to make another sammie and BAM, the color had returned !!..

Still don't quite understand it, but I make allowances for it when serving to others.

11. That looks gooooood! What did you use for a rub?