Beef Roast.....of some type

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flash

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 30, 2007
Chiefland/Cedar Key, Fl
Really I am not quite sure what exactly it was. Reason was we bought into a cow with two other neighbors. I asked the butcher to save me a roast and this is what I got. I was thinking Tri-tip but might be kinda small for that. At any rate, spiced it up with Coarse black pepper, Everglades Heat, Garlic Salt and McCormicks Steak Blend.

Decided on the aluminum pan so I could catch some juice to mix in with the Au Jus the wife would make for the future sammies we would make.

Used a mixture of Oak and Cherry wood. Took the roast to 135º internal. Looked and smelled great.

Let it rest in the fridge for several hours, then sliced it nice and thin.

We had some great Publix rolls and Cher ran the sliced meat thru the au jus with mushrooms.

Didn't have any great cheese, so sliced Swiss had to work.

Corn on the cob and some noodles on the side....couple of beers. It was great, what ever it is.

looks so good great job
points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky