• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef Roast.....of some type

flash

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 30, 2007
Really I am not quite sure what exactly it was. Reason was we bought into a cow with two other neighbors. I asked the butcher to save me a roast and this is what I got. I was thinking Tri-tip but might be kinda small for that. At any rate, spiced it up with Coarse black pepper, Everglades Heat, Garlic Salt and McCormicks Steak Blend.

Decided on the aluminum pan so I could catch some juice to mix in with the Au Jus the wife would make for the future sammies we would make.

Used a mixture of Oak and Cherry wood. Took the roast to 135º internal. Looked and smelled great.

Let it rest in the fridge for several hours, then sliced it nice and thin.

We had some great Publix rolls and Cher ran the sliced meat thru the au jus with mushrooms.

Didn't have any great cheese, so sliced Swiss had to work.

Corn on the cob and some noodles on the side....couple of beers. It was great, what ever it is.

pops6927

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jul 23, 2008
The roast is the eye of the round and looks delicious!  Great job!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Great Flash!

Awesome sammie !

Did it take 3 or 4 of 'em?

Bear

wntrlnd

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 18, 2009
that's one beautiful roast!

and a lip-smacking  plate of food there, too!

aw yeah!

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
wow wonder dinner

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks