Beef roast like a rump or bottom round

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I do a lot of bottom round/london broil/rumps/ eye of round etc.

I like to take it to about 140 degree IT ( about 2-2.5 hours @250 degrees)( we like it medium) and let it rest for about 25-30 minutes wrapped in foil

then i slice across the grain in larger slices for a roast dinner. ( add potatoes and a veggie!)

Sometimes i cook to 135 IT and do a reverse sear on the stove top. ( again  we like it medium- wife hates med rare)

with a big eye of round roast (whole) or a really large roast i will slice thin for sammies.

freeze a few slices at a time and use them for lunches at work  when i reheat smoked med roast beef at work everyone is jealous of my food!

If you like more rare take 5-10 degrees off those temps i mentioned.

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: floridasteve
Yeah go back and see my first posts.  I started looking for a beginner smoker for $100.  Sht escalated very quickly!!!  I'm out of control haha!!!!  But yeah @ the top round.  Its an expensive piece of meat so I would hate to wreck it.  Im trying to get some good quality smokes under my belt with pork until I'm ready to step up to beef. 

What do you guys think about this slicer for $150.  Ive been eyeing it for quite sometime. 
[h1]Chef's Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer[/h1]

Cold meats at my store are easily $7-8 / lb.  Its outrageous.  I remember when $4 was the top I would pay.  I cant remember how much the top round is, $3.50?  Would be fun to try it. 

Yeah go back and see my first posts.  I started looking for a beginner smoker for $100.  Sht escalated very quickly!!!  I'm out of control haha!!!!  But yeah @ the top round.  Its an expensive piece of meat so I would hate to wreck it.  Im trying to get some good quality smokes under my belt with pork until I'm ready to step up to beef. 

What do you guys think about this slicer for $150.  Ive been eyeing it for quite sometime. 
[h1]Chef's Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer[/h1]
I just ordered the 609 for $100. I figured since I will only need it every other month or so it should work fine. I got it on Amazon and the 3 year extended warranty was only $6. I should know how it performs in a few weeks. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky