Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Since everyone was going to be scattered celebrating July 4th, I cooked for the clan yesterday, July 3rd. On the menu were whole beef short ribs, or dino ribs, and while digging around in the freezer, I found a rack of beef back ribs. So why not both...
20220702_210003[1].jpg

20220702_210621[1].jpg

I was going to use the Kinders, but instead opted for another homemade rub that I got off the interweb some time ago, but I can't remember where. I had actually forgotten about it until I was looking through some of my recipes and there it was...
- ¼ cup coarse salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 TBSP coarse black pepper
- 2 TBSP paprika
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP cayenne

No binder, just rubbed and into the fridge overnight Saturday night...
20220702_210333[1].jpg

20220702_210727[1].jpg

Fired up the my TMG pit with some lump and white oak. Once the smoke and temp got right, the dinos went on. I was figuring on an 8 hour cook time for them and about 6 on the back ribs. So after 2 hours, I put the back ribs on...
20220703_105518[1].jpg

Trying to keep temp in the 250℉ range. Top is the grate temps on each end. Bottom numbers are the dinos...
20220703_113326[1].jpg

Ribs were all done and probe tender a little sooner than I had planned, not quite 7 hours total. Temp was 201℉...
20220703_153953[1].jpg

Time to cut the ribs...
20220703_175038[1].jpg

20220703_175255[1].jpg

20220703_175710[1].jpg

Made a salad...
20220703_160750[1].jpg

Fresh corn and mother in law brought brown rice. Time to eat...
Plate Ribs.png

Since the ribs were done a little sooner than I had planned, I put them on a pan wrapped in foil and into the oven at 175℉ to hold. I think the back ribs got a little dry, the short ribs were fine. Should've wrapped and put in a cooler.

Anyway, I hope y'all have a great July 4th and stay safe...

Those ribs look absolutely fantastic, Charles!
I haven’t had beef ribs in a while & I’m sure hungry for them now!!
Nicely done!!
Al

Those ribs look absolutely fantastic, Charles!
I haven’t had beef ribs in a while & I’m sure hungry for them now!!
Nicely done!!
Al
Thank you, Al. I really appreciate the your kind words...

Those look great Charles and congrats on the ride ! Been a while since I've done beef ribs but making me hungry!

Keith

Reactions: negolien
Holy cow! Looks like you totally nailed it. Very nice work.
Appreciate that, Sven...
Nice job Charles. Love beef backs
Thank you Jake. I love the backs, too
Those dinos look fine!!!
Everyone is luck you didn't eat them when they first came out!!!
Well you just know that I had to pinch off a piece to try...:emoji_wink:
Man those are some good looking brisket sticks. Great job on those, I bet they were fantastic.
Everyone really enjoyed them. Thanks...

Those are some hearty looking ribs Charles. Job well done

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking ribs and meal Charles.
When I first looked at the pictures the salad caught my eye also. ( I know crazy )
but like Rich said . love radishes in my salad. I even pickle them sliced.

David

Charles those look fantastic!! What an amazing smoke ring....like the whole rib is a ring :emoji_laughing: Beautiful job my friend and I bet the family was having a great time chowing down on those.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky