Beef Ribs (Shiners)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 6, 2017
Lake Texoma
Grabbed a rack of the local grocery shiners a few days back. Yesterday I decided to throw them in the Yoder with some Lumberjack Pecan Blend pellets. Just pulled as much of the membrane as possible off the back side and covered them in TulsaJeff TulsaJeff 's Texas Rub (I really like this blend) and into the cooker @ 250 deg for 3 hours then bumped the Yoder up to 300 for the final 30 minutes to give them a good high heat finish. Final IT was in the 200 deg range.
tempImagepTS52x.png

tempImageoXoPXU.png

Served with a simple green salad with tomato, asparagus, mushrooms & Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing. Not bad for a $2.29/lbs beef rib. They were freakin awesome - Thanks for looking & keep on Smoking! Happy Easter y'all!

Those are some tasty looking ribs!! Whole meal sounds good to be honest. After years of Tracy only wanting pork ribs, she has seen the light with a few racks of beef ribs that looked like yours. Nice job!!

Robert

Great looking ribs! I sure wish I could get shiners with that much meat on them.

Great looking ribs! I sure wish I could get shiners with that much meat on them.

They've actually gotten a little more generous with their trim since they've become so popular at our local store and (so far) haven't jacked up the price. We used to see a couple of racks a week but the butcher told me many have started asking for them when they're not on the shelf. It's nice to have a great local grocery.

Reactions: DanMcG
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky