Beef Ribs and Dino Bones

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flash

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 30, 2007
Chiefland/Cedar Key, Fl
Pulled out a single rack of Beef Ribs and my only pack of Dino Bones to celebrate the good news we got back on Bricks Blood test. With elevated calcium levels her last two test, there was a fear of excess Ionized Calcium in the blood. This is a marker for Cancer so an Ionized blood test was done. The weekend and Holiday delayed the results, but finally we got the call that she was in the clear and the Ionized levels were normal.

So with that. Decided on some MDM Rib rub for the Beef Backed Ribs and some new Brisket Rub for the Dino Bones. These were not as long as I was used to, but was surprised to even see them at our Winn Dixie. Been a long, long time.

You would think with all the Cattle in Florida, we would have some great Beef Ribs, but they are hard to find. Spritz with a mixture of Apple Juice and Whiskey (your choice).

Did a modified 2.5-1.5- .5  Getting ready to wrap here

The bounty for dinner. The Dino's were done till around 135º IT. And it happened faster than I wanted. I wrapped them in foil and placed them in a cooler while the other ribs were smoking.  Once the other ribs were finished, I fired up the Gas Grill and finished the Dinos up on them. Basically just rewarming them some and bringing a few up to 140º IT for the Wife.

Had to work around a bit of the fatty pieces but boy were they full of Flavor !!

Still got some left overs to contend with, but all in all came out great. The Dino's were like eating Prime Rib.

Last edited:
Nice...beef ribs are hard to get here also....spare & baby backs are everywhere...just not much beef.

Love ya work.

We have the same problem here in East Texas, just can't find good meaty beef ribs. Problem is they are all trimmed to close. I guess I could ask the butcher to cut me some special with lots of meat, but no telling how much they would be. Here in Tyler we only have the local grocery chain Brookshire's and Walmart, that's it no competition so they keep the prices up and pretty close to each other.

Gary

We have the same problem here in East Texas, just can't find good meaty beef ribs. Problem is they are all trimmed to close. I guess I could ask the butcher to cut me some special with lots of meat, but no telling how much they would be. Here in Tyler we only have the local grocery chain Brookshire's and Walmart, that's it no competition so they keep the prices up and pretty close to each other.

Gary
Same thing here---That's why I get the Ribs cut off every time I get a mess of Prime Rib. Then I tell them,"Since I'm paying for it anyway---Leave some meat on the Rib Bones".

Bear

Great looking ribs Flash!

I ask the butcher for the non-trimmed ribs. I have to buy the whole cryo pack, usually has two racks. Normally a bit cheaper per pound since they don't cut them.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky