Beef Rib Advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

robby6pack

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 6, 2017
I have only smoked beef ribs once before. The first time they were still attached. This time, the ribs have already been cut into individual ribs. Any suggestion for times and temp?

Are they back ribs (meat is in between the bones), or plate ribs (meat is on top of the bones) and are they full length 6" to 10" or have they been cut down?

They are Short Ribs that are roughly 10" long but have already been cut into individual ribs

The riblets I did were pork. Beef ribs I smoked about 3 hours at 225 then panned and added some beef broth and cover with foil and back in for a couple more hours or until tender.

Warren

i smoke em on grill or smoker for about 3 hrs at 225, i like mesquite cause i add stuff in oven then put in covered enamel pot and add tomato soup n stewed tomatoes n have baked potato in in tinfoil in oven also at 380 till tender take out potato when done. and the tomato gravey is awsome on the starch. or if ya have some drippings from a roast or turkey i make gravey n use that instead of tomato..or use pack gravey it all tatse good. they render so nice

I commonly give 3- 4 hours to ribs to become ready to eat. I often had such experiences before. It was hard for me to manage the time and temperature for them. But i studied many blogs and articles on it. Now i think i am able to make them tasty and awesome.

They are Short Ribs that are roughly 10" long but have already been cut into individual ribs

af6oLmR.jpg
Okay, so they are the real deal, just not in a 3-rib rack. I think I'd season and cook pretty close together for a few hours, then foil for 3 or 4 or whatever it takes to tender them up. They will be great. Add some onion to your wrapping liquid, then turn that into an au jus.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky