Need beef ideas for a quick smoke.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cpl0313

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 30, 2014
Paulding County Georgia
Alright. Gotta feed thirty guys and have about five hours cook time. Doing chicken legs and ribs already. Need a beef idea. Doing smoked queso and shotgun shells for an appetizer.

Reactions: JLeonard
Thinner cut prime rib or chuck will smoke and cook out pretty quick as in your 5 hour time frame.

30 guys?
I hope someone else is putting up the 10 cases of beer to keep them busy

Reactions: cpl0313
I was hoping you would get more suggestions. I would also like to know some "quick smokes." I really like pulled/shredded beef, but unfortunately it's not quick.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I was hoping you would get more suggestions. I would also like to know some "quick smokes." I really like pulled/shredded beef, but unfortunately it's not quick.
Trick is get some quick wins that don't take long to cook, plate with hearty dishes that take smoke flavor

-smoked blue cheese burgers with potato puree
-smoked meatloaf with malt vinegar fries
-smoked minute steak with smashed potatoes
-double smoked sausage

Haven’t done it yet. Trying to get the menu set.
I really like pulled/shredded beef, but unfortunately it's not quick.
A nice lean beef roast to medium rare . I use beef knuckle ( sirloin ) but you could also use eye round .
Smoke only takes a couple hours depending on the temp .
It around 125 .
20211030_165143.jpg
Slice thin .
20211030_165816.jpg
Mix up some Lipton soup .
20211030_174043.jpg
Put the slices in a pan or what ever , and pour the warm ( not boiling ) soup mix ,
beef stock over the slices and put a lid on it . Makes an extremely beefy , tender sandwich .
20211030_181147.jpg
I like to use slider buns . You can also leave it rare and use some horseradish .

I've taken it to 150 then pour the soup or stock over it and let it completely cool , then reheat .
For me , it rivals pulled beef . No boiling , just let it steep in the stock . It starts to shred ,, it's good quick method for a beef sandwich .

A nice lean beef roast to medium rare . I use beef knuckle ( sirloin ) but you could also use eye round .
Smoke only takes a couple hours depending on the temp .
It around 125 .
View attachment 690345
Is that cut what Restaurant Depot calls "Peeled Beef Knuckle"?
I've seen that and wondered what it was. If so does it come that clean or did you have to trim it some more? The photo looks very similar to eye of round.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky