Beef Prime Rib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a weber performer with a rotisserie attachment that works great. So far, I've used it for chicken several times and for lamb as well. This will be the first time to use the rotisserie on Prime Rib. I plan to cook the meat to medium rare and do it over wood chips. I haven't deccided what kind of wood to use yet. I pan to reverse sear the meat. Hey Banderson, it's a bone in cut of prime rib. Should be great. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Man it's going to be delish!! I typically just use salt and pepper for that cut b/c the meat tastes so good by itself. Have you figured out what IT you are going to pull it at? I'm thinking around 130 - 135 and then tent it with foil for the rest.

I have a weber performer with a rotisserie attachment that works great. So far, I've used it for chicken several times and for lamb as well. This will be the first time to use the rotisserie on Prime Rib. I plan to cook the meat to medium rare and do it over wood chips. I haven't deccided what kind of wood to use yet. I pan to reverse sear the meat. Hey Banderson, it's a bone in cut of prime rib. Should be great. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Two bits of advice:

First - Stay away from wood chips. They burn quickly and produce allot of white smoke(not good). Instead use chunks.

Second: Try to keep the temps low on the performer. 200 to 225* should be the target. That way you'll get an even cook throughout the prime rib.

Just my thoughts. Good luck and enjoy.

Chirs

Looks awesome Preacher!

Thanks for the advice Chris. You don’t soak the wood chunks do you? Is that what you usually use with the rotisserie if you’re going to smoke?

I’ll definitely cook at a low temp. Not sure what IT to pull the meat at. I watched a raichlen video where he reverse seared and he did the initial pull around 110 I think

upload_2019-4-21_7-55-49.jpeg

I’ll definitely cook at a low temp. Not sure what IT to pull the meat at. I watched a raichlen video where he reverse seared and he did the initial pull around 110 I think

Yours is looking Good, MHG !!
Like.
Below are some of mine that were all smoked at about 220°, and pulled between 137° & 142°---All Pink from Bark to Bark:
Prime Rib Calendar (14 Smoked Prime Ribs)

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky