Beef chuck in a wsm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fred raud

Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Having our first snowstorm of the year up here. That's not stoping our now almost tradition Sunday smoke. (I've smoked something at least every Sunday since I received the wsm for fathers day .

Running the ring full with a mix of maple briquettes and lump. The water pan is dry and foiled, and I put the roast in a pan with some beef stock.

3hrs in internal temp is 111. Once it hits stall I will give it a tinfoil hat

It was amazing, juicy tender and smokey.
I followed suggestions of wrapping at 160, then taking it off at 185 or so and letting it sit in a blanket for an hour.
Total smoke time, 7hrs

Last edited:
Very nice! I've smoked beef cuts in the same manner before and have always come out tender and juicy, I'm sure it was delicious.

Grats!

I highly suggest you look into a $45 6 ft. x 8 ft. welding blanket and some big spring clamps (look like big metal clothes pins). Wrapping your smoker in cold/windy weather will improve fuel consumption and it doubles as a wind break. Best of all it folds up small when not needed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky