Beef Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The last 2 Prime briskets I got from Sam's for less than $3/ lbs required a LOT of trimming (So much fat.) Lost well over 30% of the packaged weight from trimmed fat. Not that it's a bad thing but I'd suggest taking that into consideration if you're planning on a certain amount of finished product. There was were no issues with the quality of the finished product.

The last 2 Prime briskets I got from Sam's for less than $3/ lbs required a LOT of trimming (So much fat.) Lost well over 30% of the packaged weight from trimmed fat. Not that it's a bad thing but I'd suggest taking that into consideration if you're planning on a certain amount of finished product. There was were no issues with the quality of the finished product.
I went and looked at those. Just could not pull the trigger when we get good choice for cheap around here when they have sales.

Both briskets looked pretty good. I did look through about 10 that were out in the cooler. I think I got the
best 2 of the bunch. Have to wait until I have time for a long cook. (the honey do list is enormous)

912 smoker: No free shipping!!

I only bought 2. btoh in the freezer now. Also some Cod fillets and a pork loin to make more Canadian bacon.
Can you tell a difference in brisket from never frozen to after you freeze it? I always try getting my meat fresh and smoking it that coming weekend. The only meat I've had frozen in a long time was chicken or hamburger.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky