• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef Brisket

nchapelheel

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 8, 2009
I only bought 2. btoh in the freezer now. Also some Cod fillets and a pork loin to make more Canadian bacon.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 6, 2017
The last 2 Prime briskets I got from Sam's for less than $3/ lbs required a LOT of trimming (So much fat.) Lost well over 30% of the packaged weight from trimmed fat. Not that it's a bad thing but I'd suggest taking that into consideration if you're planning on a certain amount of finished product. There was were no issues with the quality of the finished product.

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
The last 2 Prime briskets I got from Sam's for less than $3/ lbs required a LOT of trimming (So much fat.) Lost well over 30% of the packaged weight from trimmed fat. Not that it's a bad thing but I'd suggest taking that into consideration if you're planning on a certain amount of finished product. There was were no issues with the quality of the finished product.
I went and looked at those. Just could not pull the trigger when we get good choice for cheap around here when they have sales.

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I'll be cubing up a brisket for chili come SB Sunday. Might have to run by local Costco to check prices.

nchapelheel

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 8, 2009
Both briskets looked pretty good. I did look through about 10 that were out in the cooler. I think I got the
best 2 of the bunch. Have to wait until I have time for a long cook. (the honey do list is enormous)

912 smoker: No free shipping!!

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I did look through about 10 that were out in the cooler. I think I got the
best 2 of the bunch.
You shop for briskies like I do. I've passed on dozens and dozens more than I've bought. Too much fat to trim, flat too thin, and rock hard (but not frozen) are the main reasons to pass for me.

joetee

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 25, 2017
I only bought 2. btoh in the freezer now. Also some Cod fillets and a pork loin to make more Canadian bacon.
Can you tell a difference in brisket from never frozen to after you freeze it? I always try getting my meat fresh and smoking it that coming weekend. The only meat I've had frozen in a long time was chicken or hamburger.

nchapelheel

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 8, 2009
I can't tell the difference. I have lots of pork, beef, chicken, and seafood in the freezer. Over the past 15 years,
most of what I smoke has come out of the freezer.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like 912smoker it is appreciated.

Warren

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.