Beef Breasola...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't have a curing fridge so I use 'dry aging steak wraps' from The Sausage Maker in a normal fridge to do Bresaola & Pancetta. I've been very happy with the results. Check out the youtube channel for Two Guys and a Cooler, he has a video for using them.
It is only the two of us in my house also. But having a freezer is nice for when meat is on sale. Or when I bought a half hog or a quarter beef. And I like to make sausage, cure bacon, etc. I'll also cook a large batch of soup or chili and store. Did you know meatloaf vac sealed works really well if you put some gravy in with it?
I don't keep the freezer stuffed all the time, it varies. But it is useful.
For vac sealer I had to get a new one a few months ago. I got a Nutrichef PKVS50STS with a cooling fan. I occasionally do 20lbs of sausage in a weekend and my foodsaver just couldn't handle that much use, it isn't designed to. SO far this has worked really well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky