Beef Belly Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What a deal. Got my shipment today, I ordered 2 4# slabs of beef belly @ 19.99 each. I thought it was a good price. I received 1 slab that weighed 4.4# and 1 that weighed 6.6# according to the labels they had on the packs. That is a great deal. Reminds me of a few years ago Publix had beef tenderloin on sale so I picked one up and let them slice it for me. The butcher offered to grind the trim and tail for me, I said why not. He brought my package out with the steaks sliced as I asked and told me he had some other scraps laying around so he through it in with mine. I brought home the tenderloin I went in for plus about 3# of ground beef for the price of the steaks. Hopefully I'll have something good to show off in a few weeks. Thanks TNJAKE TNJAKE

That's excellent.
I've only seen Gwaltney beef bacon and it's a rare find.
I'm going to try this.
Is that 2 days non stop with smoke 6 hours each day or are you pulling it after 6 hours on day one and starting fresh the next?

Never posted a pic of the cooked Bacon but man this stuff is some kind of delicious and huge! Best to cook it in the oven. Breakfast for supper tonight
IMG_20230122_175106.jpg
IMG_20230122_175319.jpg

That's excellent.
I've only seen Gwaltney beef bacon and it's a rare find.
I'm going to try this.
Is that 2 days non stop with smoke 6 hours each day or are you pulling it after 6 hours on day one and starting fresh the next?
6hrs then in the fridge until the next day for another 6hr smoke

Howdy fellas and non fellas. Finished up my beef bacon today. Turned out great so wanted to post.

Started off with a almost 11lb slab of Certified piedmontese beef belly.View attachment 647534View attachment 647535
Cured it with....
.25% cure #1
1.5% sea salt
.75% brown sugar

Lightly vac sealed to the cure can move around but most oxygen in gone. Into the fridge for 14 days View attachment 647536
After 14 days placed uncovered on racks to form a pellicle for a couple daysView attachment 647537
After pellicle I cold smoked with hickory 6hrs a day for 2 days. Total smoke 12 hours. Here's a few action shots.........View attachment 647538View attachment 647539View attachment 647540
Then into the fridge for 4 days uncovered to let the flavors equalize and dry a bit moreView attachment 647541

Fished slicing a little bit ago. 11in bacon about the thickness of wrights baconView attachment 647542View attachment 647543
Sliced up some bacon ends and saved a couple stumps for seasoning pieces View attachment 647544
Got it all vac sealed. Nice haul of beef bacon. Emily fried up a couple pieces. Forgot a pic but acted exactly like pork bacon. Very delicious! Thanks for stopping by
Looks amazing - never had beef bacon. Anything to compare it to or is it just a unique deal? Might give it a go. Thanks man

Looks amazing - never had beef bacon. Anything to compare it to or is it just a unique deal? Might give it a go. Thanks man
Taste is very similar to pork bacon since they are cured the same. Meatier bite and a little more rich than pork. Wife said she'd take this over pork any day and as you can see the slices are huge. Hope that helps

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky