Beef And Garlic Awesomeness

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solaryellow

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
I try to make one new-to-me sausage every time I make sausage. A couple weeks ago my random pick was a beef and garlic sausage I found on Len Poli's website. http://lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Beef&Garlic-Frank.pdf

Tonight I turned it into an easy and quick meal. At the bottom is some smoked mozzarella, in the middle is a package of the beef and garlic sausage, and at the top is a jar of Newman's Own marinara sauce.

b3b73bc4_DSC_0012_001.jpg

I steamed/boiled the beef and garlic sausage. Grilling works as well but it is kinda chilly out today so I chose this method.

888abbb1_DSC_0014_001.jpg

While that was going on I grated one of the smoked mozzarella blocks.

c0f97c72_DSC_0018.jpg

And then put a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce on two of our smaller saucer sized plates.

1ea32d3e_DSC_0020.jpg

Then laid the sausages down on the bed of marinara and sprinkled some smoked mozzarella on top.

b5d3dd33_DSC_0022.jpg

266e2f14_DSC_0023.jpg

It was fandamntastic!

d5bce30e_DSC_0026.jpg

One thought I had for next time was to serve each sausage link on a piece of garlic toast for a bun and then layered the same as I have it on the plate.

Reactions: kc jayhawk 78
Add it to your todo list. You won't be disappointed. Especially with that nice new stuffer of yours. 
biggrin.gif

I will be doing alot of sausage soon. Will add it to the list. I have a buddy hunting in ND right now and he wants to make all the deer he gets into sausage. I order enough spice to do 350 lbs. Good thing I have the commercial cabela's grinder and the 20 lb stuffer. Thanks for the recipe.

I have stuffer envy. 
wink.gif

I will be doing alot of sausage soon. Will add it to the list. I have a buddy hunting in ND right now and he wants to make all the deer he gets into sausage. I order enough spice to do 350 lbs. Good thing I have the commercial cabela's grinder and the 20 lb stuffer. Thanks for the recipe.

Hey Joel they look great! That recipe has been on my to do list for a while, glad to hear they're good.

Dan

icon_cool.gif

Yes your sausage looks awesome as usual and the flavors I bet are really yummO too. I hope to see you one of theses nights in chat and get this recipe fro you too. Now To all sausage makers you should get the recipe for Joel's lamb sausage (the gyro one)  it's more then awesome.

Last edited:
They are really good Dan. I think for the next batch I might add a little more minced garlic and cut down on the parmesan a bit. It really should be called a beef parmesan garlic sausage. There is a lot of parmesan in it. lol

Hey Joel they look great! That recipe has been on my to do list for a while, glad to hear they're good.

Dan
I would love to have access to that SOB. In high school I used to work on the clean up crew for a meat packing plant. I didn't have any desire to make sausage at that time but I still wish I would have paid a little more attention to what they used to do.

I use a 500lb hobart mixer grinder and a 75lb hydro-sausage press!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Somedays its good to be King!! 
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Joel the sausage looks awesome, I have been wanting a good beef and garlic recipe!  Thanks for sharing!

That smoked mozz looked mighty tasty as well!

Great Job!
points.gif

SOB 
Thanks BigAl! It is definitely a downward spiral once you get started.

That looks and sounds fantastic!  I gotta get into sausage make'n!
I have been popping in a little more often lately Mark. Work is still kicking my tail but not as hard.

icon_cool.gif

Yes your sausage looks awesome as usual and the flavors I bet are really yummO too. I hope to see you one of theses nights in chat and get this recipe fro you too. Now To all sausage makers you should get the recipe for Joel's lamb sausage (the gyro one)  it's more then awesome.
I will post it up a bit later. I gotta find that notebook. I am planning on making some more of the gyro sausages in two weeks. They are great on a pita with tzatziki sauce, fresh chopped onion and tomatoe.

Aww sweet a gyro sausage!!! I gotta have it!    Pleeeeease Joel!

SOB

Sounds great.

I have one problem though, I am allergic to wheat (and yes that kills pizza and most beer
icon_sad.gif
).  I am wondering, do you think I can get away with oats?  It's what I usually substitute for bread crumbs.

Give it a try and report back what you think of it. I can see the two flavors being slightly different but I bet overall it would be hardly noticeable.

Sounds great.

I have one problem though, I am allergic to wheat (and yes that kills pizza and most beer
icon_sad.gif
).  I am wondering, do you think I can get away with oats?  It's what I usually substitute for bread crumbs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky