1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beautiful Blue Ridge Day

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by motocrash, Sep 2, 2018.

1. motocrash

motocrash Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Yep,1990-First year of the 11 year run.Offroad model,no key,no e-start,pumper carb.

2. kelbro

kelbro Meat Mopper

That no e-start was a challenge sometimes on that thumper! Mine would climb like a mountain goat. Torquey!

3. motocrash

It can be biotch when it's hot but no probs from cold to warm starts as long as you follow the starting drill with the compression release.And yeah,torque monster.No need to rev high at all with the six speed tranny.I put a Big Gun full exhaust on it,rejetted to the pipe and put (cartridge emulator) Gold Valves in the fork along with raising the tubes in the triple to make her steer sharper/weight the front end more.I set the bike up to work better in these eastern woods since it was designed as a desert racer.

4. motocrash

Did a little bush whackin' today on a different machine.76°...rest of the week is supposed to be ,50° for a high,so I seized the opportunity.Though,I'll happily take 50°.
    KIMG0681.jpg
    Seems like yesterday it had the plow on it. Oh,wait,,it was. I'm headed to the top of the ridge behind my quad.
    KIMG0682.jpg
    I go to this crag. It's really steep (first gear,low range) getting there but has a flat spot to park. Babbs Run can be seen here also, about 200 yds down at about a 35 - 40° angle.
    KIMG0684.jpg KIMG0685.jpg
    Back up on the ridge,you can see the next ridge across the deep stream valley. KIMG0686.jpg
    Went home,fired a starter full of Ridge and made some Winchester Wings. All in all,a nice afternoon/evening. KIMG0687.jpg
    KIMG0688.jpg
    Giddy up!

indaswamp and crazymoon like this.
  5. BigTurtle

BigTurtle Smoke Blower

Hmmm, we checked the mail and no invite. I was out on a 423 mile jaunt on the motorcycle yesterday, family business. No decent food along the way so I skipped eating.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 6:50 AM
  6. motocrash

423 miles,hell,you could've been here.I traveled maybe 5 yesterday.Wings,biker food of champeens :emoji_wink:

7. BigTurtle

BigTurtle Smoke Blower

I covered 4 states ( just the corners) . Started b4 daylight in the rain in NC and up through East Tn, Southwest Va and up into Eastern Ky. Rain quit after Johnson City going up. I know there has to be something better than fast food burgers even though Pals is pretty good, along the way. I've yet to find it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 6:49 AM
  8. motocrash

Somebody has to be burnin' some hickory down that way....

9. BigTurtle

BigTurtle Smoke Blower

Nope, or I would have smelled it. One place here in this part of Kentucky. I forced myself to eat there once. Not spend my money there again.

10. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice Moto, we used to be able to ride 4-wheelers and dirt bikes thru the country here. Then the State put the kibosh to motorized vehicles on state owned land, and most privately own land is to full of sap lines.

Enjoy

Chris