Bearcarver's Pepperoni Beef Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I live in Ontario,Canada any idea where to get a jerky gun.
icon_surprised.gif
London drugs sells them.

Steve

Bear

Just saw this post and gotta reply. One of the reasons I found SMF was doing some surfing one day found your recipe for pepperoni and said, huh, looks pretty good, going to give it a try. Have done several times in past few months just a little more hot stuff ( guess Im not the only one after reading post ) and smoked pretty much exact. The only thing I found was different parts of stick had alot more flavor than others,let it sit spiced for a couple days, and sure I mixed and mixed till I couldent mix anymore, boy I was tired. But anyway, had to let you know and going to try dry cure when I do soperssata. Any ideas?
icon_confused.gif
  And a BIG Thanks  

icon_wink.gif
Not bad for your health, loads of fun, and its legal!!

Bear

Just saw this post and gotta reply. One of the reasons I found SMF was doing some surfing one day found your recipe for pepperoni and said, huh, looks pretty good, going to give it a try. Have done several times in past few months just a little more hot stuff ( guess Im not the only one after reading post ) and smoked pretty much exact. The only thing I found was different parts of stick had alot more flavor than others,let it sit spiced for a couple days, and sure I mixed and mixed till I couldent mix anymore, boy I was tired. But anyway, had to let you know and going to try dry cure when I do soperssata. Any ideas?
icon_confused.gif
  And a BIG Thanks  

icon_wink.gif

Bear

icon_confused.gif
  And a BIG Thanks  

icon_wink.gif
Almost forgot, got chuckie yesterday. Give ya a yell in a couple days when the wind is right.

Almost forgot, got chuckie yesterday. Give ya a yell in a couple days when the wind is right.
Never did Sopressata, but I noticed there are a lot of finds, if you do a search, including "ehow".

LOL--I'll be waiting for that day of sniffing!

Bear

Sorry for Any Ideas, so close to soperssata, already have, what I find to be a pretty good recipe. Was wondering any thoughts on pepperoni flavor different throughout? Going to try your recipe when weather gets a little colder as dry cure along with soperssata.

Soperssata 

10# pork butt

3.5 oz salt

2.5 oz paprika ( not hot )

3/4 oz crushed red pepper

3/4 oz coarse blk pepper

1 1/2 oz fennel

2 tsp cure #2

Grind thru 1/2 or 3/4 plate, season, mix, refrigerate overnight, stuff into casings ( I use pork casings ) can use beef if you like. Smoke at 120 to 130 for 2 hrs to dry, I like light smoke too. Remove and let hang for approx 30 to 35 days ( up to 8 wks if using larger casings) @ 50 to 60 Deg F and I try to have humidity around 70%,(I use humidifier sometimes but dosent always stay real good) until 30% of weight is lost. I will stick casings with sterile bobby pin through out and check the drying. Thought you might want and try sometime.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry for Any Ideas, so close to soperssata, already have, what I find to be a pretty good recipe. Was wondering any thoughts on pepperoni flavor different throughout? Going to try your recipe when weather gets a little colder as dry cure along with soperssata.

Soperssata 

10# pork butt

3.5 oz salt

2.5 oz paprika ( not hot )

3/4 oz crushed red pepper

3/4 oz coarse blk pepper

1 1/2 oz fennel

2 tsp cure #2

Grind thru 1/2 or 3/4 plate, season, mix, refrigerate overnight, stuff into casings ( I use pork casings ) can use beef if you like. Smoke at 120 to 130 for 2 hrs to dry, I like light smoke too. Remove and let hang for approx 30 to 35 days ( up to 8 wks if using larger casings) @ 50 to 60 Deg F and I try to have humidity around 70%,(I use humidifier sometimes but dosent always stay real good) until 30% of weight is lost. I will stick casings with sterile bobby pin through out and check the drying. Thought you might want and try sometime.
icon_rolleyes.gif
That #2 stuff, with the long time hanging scares me. It's in my Rytek book too, but I stick with my TQ recipes & if needed cure #1.

Getting too old to get too fancy.

Thanks anyway though,

Bear

PS: Don't forget the sniffing alert!

I am new to this great site. I just purchased my first smoker (masterbuilt xl / propane). I took the seasoning of a new smoker advice and it turned out perfect. My first thing in the smoker was Bearcarvers pepperoni sticks. Two thumbs up to Mr. Bearcarver!! Awesome recipe!! Plan on making some more in the near future. Thank you for sharing the recipe, and the posts on seasoning of a new smoker.

Juda

I am new to this great site. I just purchased my first smoker (masterbuilt xl / propane). I took the seasoning of a new smoker advice and it turned out perfect. My first thing in the smoker was Bearcarvers pepperoni sticks. Two thumbs up to Mr. Bearcarver!! Awesome recipe!! Plan on making some more in the near future. Thank you for sharing the recipe, and the posts on seasoning of a new smoker.

Juda
Thanks Juda,

Every time somebody uses & enjoys one of my "step by steps", it puts a smile on my face.

Thanks,

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky