Bear

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TVP110

Original poster
Jan 17, 2020
Are their any types of marinades anyone recommends for bear? Also, is it safe to smoke bear and brisket together?

Bear is known to carry trichinosis along with all the other nasties found in meat products. Treat it like pork (freeze or heat) and it's great. Hams, bacon and smokies are my go to. I haven't done a pulled shoulder, but guessing it would be a crowd favorite although a little darker in color.

If Hot Smoking, 225+, it don't matter if you smoke Brisket and an EBOLA Infected Bear Roast with it. The Heat kills anything that gets on the Beef from handling and taking the Bear Meat to an IT of 165°F will eliminate anything on or in the Bear meat. Same reason you can smoke any meat and Chicken together...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky