Bear Mountain Pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I picked up my pellets at Runnings
I thought they are a Minnesota area store, but discovered they go from Montana to Iowa and then New York, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
Bear Mountain is $7.99 / 20#
Lumberjack is $9.99 / 20#
Traeger is~ $18 / 20#

I have been a Lumberjack guy but our Local Home Of Economy I saw a few days ago Bear Mountain were $7.97/ 20#. Might have to give them a shot. Will check local TSC also.
I've been watching for the HoE Lumberjack sale. Didn't realize they started carrying Bear Mountain, too.

Reactions: Winterrider
Funny story... Being from MN the first I went into a Runnings was in upstate NY visiting the wife's family.

I randomly picked up Bear Mountain hickory a while back. I've been pretty much Lumberjack only for a few years. My thoughts on Bear Mountain was it seemed to have less smoke at the same tempature compared to Lu,berjack. Also as stated above in a longer smoke there seemed to be a lot more ash.

I have burned a lot of LJ and just a little BM, I have a couple 3 bags I got for cheap. I have found you have more ash at lower temps because its not burning as clean as it can, the higher the temp the less ash- smoke and flavor, your mmv

Reactions: Steff3
Was just in Tractor Supply, they had Bear Mountain pellets for 9.99 a 20 lb bag. I asked if this going to be in stock all the time. She said yes and that they go fast. She told me the day they get them in usually. And that is going to be the selling price. So I grabbed 2 bags of each apple, gourmet blend, and hickory.
Bear Mountain is all I use now. Such a a good clean smoke with great flavor.

I'm not sure how widespread this place is, but they also have Bear Mountain pellets at a similar price. The place was formerly called Cash & Carry, then Smart FoodServices, and now Chef's store.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky