Bear meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
icon_cool.gif

Now I know that guy had a gun so why didn't he use it maybe. I'd be eating me some bear if I was that guy. Then I don't hunt so It all sounds good to me.

I would have been two trees away by the time he was on the second step -

It's amazing how people can interact with Black Bears.

I got a buddy who lives alone in a log cabin that he built himself (including cutting the trees down) in Potter County, PA.

He has bears there all the time. They even come around when he's outside. One time he was fixing the facia on his cabin, from a ladder, and two bears were walking around under the ladder (guess they didn't know that was bad luck?). If they come too close, he just yells at them, and they walk away.

The Ranger up there even leaves a barrel trap there. Then when they need one for some college to study, he calls Barry, Barry sets the trap, and the next day the Ranger comes & picks up the bear. Then he brings the bear back later.

BTW: That buddy of mine is a little crazy too!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky