Be Careful

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cecil

Meat Mopper
Original poster

It's amazing how fast accidents can happen. Sunday after our Father's Day cookout I decided to give the WSM a cleaning. While using a stainless steel grill scrubbing pad that I got from Academy it got caught on a screw. I pulled on the pad to try to loosen it. One long strand of steel remained hung up on the screw so I gave it a hard jerk. It was like a razor. I fileted the middle finger on my right hand. My wife brought me to the emergency room at the local hospital and I came home with five stitches on the tip of my finger. So be careful, accidents can happen while doing something you have done a hundred times before. Good thing I am left handed or I might be out of luck for my Fourth of July BBQ.

OUCH !!!

That's one I always drilled into my Son, while working in the cabinet shop!

It only takes a split second to cause a lifetime of suffering!

Glad yours wasn't worse, and it isn't the middle finger you usually use!  
rolleyes.gif

Bear

You just never know. I had a similar thing happen but without stitches. I've burnt myself, tripped over stuff, dropped stuff on my foot, broke my toe on a cooler while brewing, yada, yada, yada. And I'm not even clumsy. Be careful out there.
Not clumsy? ha ha burnt, dropped,broke toe , yada yada yada ............ha ha you might want to review the criteria for clumsy.... LMAO

Yep stuff does happen and happens fast when you're least expecting it.

Did about the same thing with shrink wrap when wrapping a skid at work. Couldn't get it to tear like normal so I tried to just rip it off with my hand and it went right under my thumbnail.... ouch. 

Yep-your doing something that you've done a dozen times before and ya do it again and end up with an injury.  Couple of weeks ago, I was tossing a couple of splits into the fire box and caught the top of the door frame with the back of my hand. Ended up with a second degree burn just below the knuckles of the right hand. Looks like I'll end up with a 1 1/2 - 2 inch burn scar.

Chicks still dig scars don't they??

hey dutch ya they love them (might have to change the facts around a little) depend on how many beers you had lol

got it when you broke your handle of life?

Cecil... glad to hear the doc's got you taken care of! I have tried to filet my fingers on two differant occasions (without success thank god). Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Yep-your doing something that you've done a dozen times before and ya do it again and end up with an injury.  Couple of weeks ago, I was tossing a couple of splits into the fire box and caught the top of the door frame with the back of my hand. Ended up with a second degree burn just below the knuckles of the right hand. Looks like I'll end up with a 1 1/2 - 2 inch burn scar.

Chicks still dig scars don't they??
I would have to give a chick the bird to show her my scar. She might not understand.

Originally Posted by Cecil  

I would have to give a chick the bird to show her my scar. She might not understand.
Maybe tell her she's #1 when you show it to her??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky