BD's Pre Holiday Smoked Turkey. A Foamheart Request

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'll post some QView on Sunday, I'd love to get that same color, did you tent it at all during the smoke? I'm using my CharGrill propane with apple chips and it holds nice at 250 so I'm thinking 6 hours for a 13lb bird.

I'll post some QView on Sunday, I'd love to get that same color, did you tent it at all during the smoke? I'm using my CharGrill propane with apple chips and it holds nice at 250 so I'm thinking 6 hours for a 13lb bird.

No foil tent while cooking. After the breast reaches 165 take it off the grate and put it on the kitchen counter with a foil tent. Let it rest there for about 30 minutes

Lovin the fruit idea BD. Brined overnight, injected with honey garlic and sittin in the fridge till morning.
icon14.gif
Looks awesome!  Keep us posted on the finished bird! Take your time and remember 165.  Looking forward to the next photos. Brian 

Looking good.  I use to own one of those smokers. They work great. Keep us posted brother.  This has the beginning of being a great one!

Brian 

points.gif

Bout 3-1/2 hours in, you can never have too many legs
biggrin.gif
. I'll check the bird in about 40 mins to make sure it's at 140.
Looks great.  The color is really coming out. AND you just can't beat extra drumsticks.  Remember to pull that bird when the internal brest temp hits 165 degrees .  Then set it on the counter covered with a sheet of foil for about 30 minutes.  It will be nice and juicy .  You're on your way to being the backyard hero today!  b

Looks great.  The color is really coming out. AND you just can't beat extra drumsticks.  Remember to pull that bird when the internal brest temp hits 165 degrees .  Then set it on the counter covered with a sheet of foil for about 30 minutes.  It will be nice and juicy .  You're on your way to being the backyard hero today!  b
Lol thanks BD, that still remains to be seen but so far, so good.

Sorry to be super late Brian, not sure how I missed this but sure a nice thread & had to be tasty ! Thumbs Up

Can't believe I missed this one, BD. Very pretty bird!
I like the fruit in the cavity. I've been trying to get the Mrs. to put something in that cavity for a few years now ( We still do it in the oven. It's her time to shine ), anything, I'ts just meant for filling! She relented this year and filled it with dressing. After all was said and done, she declared it was the best dressing she'd ever made. (Sigh..). Next year I'm pushing for fruit!!
Points!
Dan

Can't believe I missed this one, BD. Very pretty bird!
I like the fruit in the cavity. I've been trying to get the Mrs. to put something in that cavity for a few years now ( We still do it in the oven. It's her time to shine ), anything, I'ts just meant for filling! She relented this year and filled it with dressing. After all was said and done, she declared it was the best dressing she'd ever made. (Sigh..). Next year I'm pushing for fruit!!
Points!
Dan
Howdy Dan

This is actually an old post that was bumped up for the Thanksgiving holiday.  Lots of folks ask how to do one on a Masterbuilt. So I bumped this one up.  Thank you my friend!

Brian 

Nice job! b

This will be good for Thanksgiving. 
Thanks Jake!

I'd forgotten about this post.  Thanks!  We get a hundred requests from folks the day before Thanksgiving looking for help with smoking a bird.   Last yearmwe had so many it was like answering the Butterball Hot Line!  LOL b

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky