bdillard - Seminole/Duck signing in from Lake Mary Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bdillard

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 17, 2013
Lake Mary Florida
Good Day All

Just signing in for my first post on this very cool site! I'm a displaced Oregonian, living in Florida for the last 40 something years in Florida, near the Mouse House. I'm a semi-retired Air Conditioning Business owner, with a passion for being on the water whenever possible. We own a home in Ft Pierce, where we we fish the Keys and Bahamas on a regular basis. 

I'm fortunate to have 4 great Grandchildren, 18-boy, 8-girl, 5-girl, and 4-boy all living close except for the 18 year old who is off at school in Hancock NY right now. We enjoy getting together often with family and friends have recently graduated to a BGExl which is why I have landed on this site. My Sales Associate at the local ACE Hardware store (which for an old Mechanical Contractor is like a world class Candy Store) who is a BGE veteran put me on this site. After reading a bunch of treads on various subjects I'm really happy to be joining this group. 

I have lots to learn with regards to "low and slow" as most of my previous experience has been on "gas n smoke" so I look forward to picking everyone's brain as I learn to ropes of the BGE. I'm not shy....in the first few weeks of BGE I've done chickens, ribs, pork loin, and butts. With the outstanding advice on this site there has been no leftovers..... that says it all.

BYW: Big Seminole Fan and finally things are looking up AND of course I'm a die hard Duck fan......so for once the Football Gods are smiling down on the Dillard Family ;-) Also a long time Dolphin Fan....Do Ask....Don't Tell!

Bill Dillard

Lake Mary Florida

Ft Pierce Florida

BGE-XL

Bill welcome to SMF glad you joined us. Congrats on the BGE and good to hear your putting it to good use. You know there's a better team in the same direction but closer to ya
biggrin.gif
 Have fun and happy smoking

Bill.. welcome to your new addiction... glad you joined us... I too was in your boat at one time (still am really)... I came here searching for answers a while back and I'm still here... this is the best site I have found for smoking info... all are friendly and enjoy sharing... If you haven't seen the "South Florida Gathering" thread floating around.. here's a link to it... It's this weekend in Sebring and we would like nothing more than to have you stop by and visit us for a day or 2 or 3 or ?? You might pick up a hot tip or 20...

but anyways.. welcome and enjoy

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...hird-annual-gathering-nov-8-10th-come-join-in

Welcome to the forums Bill! Glad you've joined our group. You'll find there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another. Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

OK....so here's a start! 8.5 pound Boston Butt. 11 hours of Low & Slow in the XLBGE....

Family inhaled it.....NO Left Overs???
wife.gif
 Cuke Salad, Mom's baked beans, avocado salad, fingerling spuds and suds.....make for another great XLBGE meal...Used a rub recipe off this Blog ...... and got great pointers from a variety of posts before executing the low and slow....Thanks All!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky