Bbq trailer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PlugsQ

Original poster
Jul 16, 2019
hey everyone I’m in need of y’alls opinion so I have a smoker on trailer and thought bout setting up in a location and serve some bbq cuz I’m from west Texas and the oil is booming here and there’s a bunch of work in remote areas where there is no restaurants nor gas station so my question is do I just go set up and do the whole start cook there at location or take the fire pit lit already... which I think it will turn off due to the travel but just thought I would ask for those that do this

In advance thank you

I would go to where you plan to setup and then light the pit and smoke your stuff. Or smoke it ahead of time and just light the pit empty to draw people in by the smell. You might want to check into any laws in Texas there might be for this though. Don’t know if you need any permits or licenses etc...don’t want to get a huge fine or get your ass sued off over nothing

I am from West Texas too and there are laws here. Pretty sure you can't just fire up a cooker, run 70 mph out to the oil field, and start serving food. I have a feeling you will be overwhelmed when you realize how involved the process actually is.

You would have a lot of potential liability running down the road pulled something that could be spewing hot embers. If there is air flow you would probably burn up your wood or charcoal fuel and have a smoker hot enough to forge iron in. Or when you stop and some fool leans on a scorching smoker, he may be stupid, but it will be your fault.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky